• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

This is a tough one for me

Started by philbach, December 14, 2014, 08:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

Well for me its time to reassess.   I have had a lot of trouble with this one in most every detail.  I would appreciate some suggestions on what I should do to improve this photo.   Thanks.

phil

Mhayes

Phil, no kidding about this being a tough one. I was surprised that there was little detail on the hair. I looked in the blue channel and did notice there is letters on the shirt. The blue channel also gives a good look at the shadows on his face. Was going to post, but could not get Photobucket to work. This was such a mess I really think you did great to get the results you did. When I color corrected I didn't get as rosy as your version. Just a minor pick and that is the blue showing on his neck above the collar. One thing I did notice and that is the catch lights in your version over the original and since this appears to be a professional photo; I would assume they were there. It's is amazing how with them changes how his eyes are directed.

Your are very brave.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Phil, what a great restore, I never thought it would be possible to bring this photo back to life and you are very brave for picking this photo to restore!

There are two (also minor) picks, that jump out at me when I look at you restore.  I would like to see the noise in  the subject to be similar to that of the back ground and the catch lights in his eyes to be a little less (I believe that the large catch light on our left side is actually damage?)

:up:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

philbach

Thanks Hannie.  You guys have taught me a whole lot over the years and I sure appreciate it.
phil