• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Pretty Lady Needs CC

Started by weewood, November 19, 2014, 07:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weewood

Hannie,,,,,I hear what you are saying, but it would be a shame, considering the time I spent, that we just make mine from David_Gr's restore! Why can't they be different? But, I'll let Bambi decide! Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Mhayes

David, I am going to intercept here. I am sorry you spent so much time on this photo and you have made progress. However, to say why can't they be different when they are the exactly the same except for size leaves me somewhat speechless--but not quite. They have to look alike if they are, if not QC will reject it. Number 2, when you contacted David Gr by email to see how to make your tone the same as his, did you not realize that DavidGR had given the photo up (as in trash) and ask Bambi to give to another volunteer, which she did? So now you have a third variation out there.

You have improved this photo since your first attempt, but it still has problems. For one the shadow inside her right ear is noticeably different than the larger photo and yes, it does make a difference. Two the background looks different with it being so smooth and her looking like she was cut out and dropped in. Third, her face needs more work to smooth out what is shadow and what is damage. On the other hand her neck could use more. On her right eye closes to her nose is damage and not an eyelash.

I understand your frustration and your restore is pleasing to the eye, but it has to match the other. Your first line of defense is to always check with your distributor first and see how she wants to handle it.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

The smaller photo was a crop from the larger one, therefore they should match, I would think.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro