• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Pretty Lady Needs CC

Started by weewood, November 19, 2014, 07:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weewood

Looking for some CC on this one! Wasn't too sure about the right ear, but you tell me! Regards, David

David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Hannie

Hi David,

Good to see you posting your work on the forum again!  :up2:

I seem to remember that this photo has been restored already by David_gr, this is the link to his post:
http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,4541.0.html

It is a good idea to contact your distributor, your restore may be a different size but it would be shame to restore the same image twice when all that needs to be done is change size?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

Hannie,,,,Your point is well taken, but it is a different photo! So what do I do now? Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Mhayes

Hannie, is right about this being the same picture (but different size) and wonder if you saw the previous post? This is unfortunate as both photos should have gone out to the same person. I have compared the two originals and cannot find any difference other than the damage and difference in size--yours is also a closer crop, but otherwise identical.

Good clean up, but there are a few things that catch my eye. The shadows around her jawline on her right need to be smoother to get rid of the streaks. Her earlobe needs to be rounded--refer to other post--so it is next to her jawline and not behind--normally that would be correct, but this is taken full face. The way it is now with it behind her jawline, the curve makes it look like there is a chunk out of her face. Not mentioned before, but after looking at both photos; I believe she is wearing round ear rings.

Check with you distributor and see what she has to say.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

The only difference between the two is that the 10 x 13 was larger and had a lot more background surrounding her. Example cropped out the background. Also, on the right notice on her right ear what looks like an ear ring.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

Margie: Continuing confusion over these pictures. The two pictures were requested by three people. One asked to put it back in the gallery after doing some very fine work. Then that picture went out to another member. I sent both pictures to each person who requested one of them—one to restore, the other for reference. And they have all posted on Forum, so it seems like everyone is working on the same picture!

Bambi

Mhayes

Bambi, I'll drink to the confusion on these pictures and I know that there have been different ones working on them. Not to be lazy, but the smaller one could have been replaced by the larger one being cropped to a 4 x 6. It didn't happen and that is water under the bridge. The one bad part is that since the owner said it was a sepia and more of an ashen tone, then you have two photos that are going to be different in tone and will have to be corrected by QC to match before being printed. Plus, with them being identical in looks you really want both restores to look that way. That is the only reason why I thought one person should have both photos.

Look at the bright side, now WeeWood knows what her right ear looks like.  :cool:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

Wish that would have happened, too. But I'll be sure that they both look the same before sending them off to those badasses in QC!

Bambi

Mhayes

Think that last statement could be detrimental to your health: Run Bambi, Run!   ;D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

You can't run, you can't hide... :mad:
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Candice

Quote from: kiska on November 22, 2014, 01:38:45 AM
You can't run, you can't hide... :mad:

:knuppel:

I promise I'm not hiding!  And I miss youz guyz.  We close and move on Dec. 1st.  Finally got our land.  Once the home is somewhat settled I'll be back!!   :loveit:
Candice

Tori803

Hope your move goes smoothly!
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Candice

Candice

weewood

I talked to David Gr and he told me that he used a B&W layer adjustment, so I did the same! I hope it looks good enough to go through! Regards, David

David J. Davis

Hannie

Hi David,

It is probably best to contact Bambi about this restore.  I believe the other version of this same photo will be used for your restore.  This way the owner will receive 2 matching photos. 

The first restore (David_gr) will be cropped to the right size for the photo you are working on right now.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]