• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Foreground Marine

Started by philbach, October 29, 2014, 07:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Phil,

I agree with Candice on placement and orientation of the metals and the pocket they are on. This is a side shot and the medals will not have the same orientation as they would viewed straight on. What will help you is to use the transform tool as it will let you: scale, rotate, skew, distort, perspective, wrap, and more.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

You're right on the placement on two.  I was looking at the three example... Brain lapse.  Still work on the perspective.  It's really looking good!  Hard picture for sure Phil.
Candice

Mhayes

Phil,

I didn't want to take away from your post, so I created another called zps nightmare and wonder if you and anyone else can explain why I am having so much trouble downloading a copy of photos posted.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

philbach

Well Candice and Margie thanks.   I think the perspective I had was incorrect like you alluded to, so I warped the pocket area to bring the medal farthest away down some.  The camera position was well below the height of the medals.  So this is the latest iteration.  I also amputated the misplaced thumb.

Margie, why don't you see whether you can download this photo.  I changed my preferences in photo bucket so the file name will remain the same.

phil

Mhayes

Phil, no I still cannot download the photo, or should I say it downloads but doesn't open. Instead I did a screen print and opened in Photoshop and then saved. I uploaded to Photobucket and here it is.

I played some with his pocket with the medal and I think I like yours better because it blends in better, even though I like my orientation better. You have done a terrific job in the cleanup, but where I have the arrows you might want to smooth out the background. The patch tool usually works pretty good for that. I also added a little shading under the soldier's chin.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

philbach

phil