• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Please Review

Started by Brian N, October 27, 2014, 12:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian N

I'm about 80% complete.  I know I have some work with the boys right eye but would appreciate any comments with progress so far.

Mhayes

Brian,

Looks pretty good so far. I'm curious as to how you posted the photos as I am unable to open when I download to my computer. Are you saving as a .jpg?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Your restore looks great Brian.   :up2:

I have one small pick, after I downloaded your photo there were a lot of artifacts.  Especially near the lines that divide the subject from the background.  It may have been caused by the (small) size but if it is also visible in the full res restore it would help to clean that up a little.  (zoom in real close for best results)

Margie, I had no problem opening the image in Photoshop, must have been a glitch

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hannie, I rebooted my computer and whether it was Photoshop or the computer; I don't know but it fixed the problem.  :knuppel:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

Lines of artifacts are often the consequences of sharpening. Did you sharpen it, Brian?

Bambi

Brian N

Hi Margie.  I saved a jpg from Photoshop and uploaded to Photobucket.  Then copied the photo's URL code and pasted into the post.

Hannie - Regarding the artifacts... I did severely compress the photo from Photoshop as a jpg and I think the artifacts crept in then.  But I'll be sure to double check before final submission.  I did not sharpen the photo.  If anything I probably softened it a little to get rid of some noise and other nasty stuff.

Thanks for the comments and look forward to completing this weekend.  Happy Halloween to all!

Brian

Mhayes

Brian, that is how I do it too and I think my problem is either with my computer, Internet, or Photoshop. Today it is working.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Brian N

I think I'm coming to an end with this one. Please review one last time.  I didn't compress image as much as previous posts so hopefully the artifacts are no longer there.

Brian

Hannie

You're right Brian, no more artefacts.
Great restore!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Bambi

Mhayes

Looks good as new!

Margie