• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Meritorious Civilian Service Award

Started by Candice, October 22, 2014, 07:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

I have a good ways to go still however, I thought I'd share my progress.  Just finished on the 4th line under the Citation. 

Candice

Pat

Nice job so far Candy; it looks like you have some painstaking work ahead.  I really like the color you have chosen for the document but since the original was black on white I wonder if it should be kept that way for the restoration.  
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Candice

Pat, I didn't choose the color for the background, that's just how it came out through the first run of corrections.   I thought I'd leave that alone until the last, which is a separate layers, work on the words first and then come back.  I can tell ya that it's pretty good to work on though.   ;)

Here's the other layer's color or lack thereof.

Candice

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mike S.

Candy,

You really have improved this one!

Mike
Mike S.

Candice

Yes, Tori.  There is a ways to get rid of the bleed over blue.  I'll share it when I'm all done.
Candice

Candice

Let me know if you y'all see anything.

Candice

Pat

Pat

Candice

Thanks Pat.  There is one question as I look over it however, and I need Margie to find an answer

I typed HRC program but looking at it again it might be HPO..........

(Fourth to last sentence, first paragraph)
Candice

Hannie

Candy, even though it looks like the letters spell HPO, I think what you typed (HRC) makes more sense in this document. 
(some of the letter is the original have "come apart" in weird ways).

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

I agree that I think it is HRC, but to make sure I called the owner and left a voice message for her to either call me back or email. As soon as I know I will let you know.

Know show us how you got the hand writing so clear.

Great job!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

Good thing I checked as I got a call back from Pat, the owner of the paper. It is HRO (Human Resources Office) and an O instead of the C. I had her go to our website and look at the finished restore and one of her remarks was Holy Cow! She was beyond pleased and very appreciative that OPR was there to help.

One thing I did ask her was whether she wanted the blue border on the corners and she said no. That was part of the frame and she wanted it to look like the original paper.

:loveit:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

I'll make the correction and send it on.  Thank you so much for checking, Margie!!   :hug:

Candice

Tori803

You promised to share your technique for cleaning up the signature :). Did you use a mask?
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge