• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Happy Couple

Started by jaytrumpet, October 22, 2014, 05:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaytrumpet

This portrait presented some hairy problems for me, after I got rid of the tape I was left with almost no detail in the trousers and dress. Bambi suggested I post this asking for suggestions. She added that there was some detail visible in the green channel. I fooled with that a bit, but for the most part I am still stumped.

Suggestions?

Pat

Hi Jay,

The tape really did a number on this old photo.  Once you have the man's jacket restored to your satisfaction you can try taking information from the jacket for the pants.  I selected areas from the jacket, moved the selected areas into place for the pants, then manipulated them with the transform tools to form the pant legs.  I did not spend a lot of time on this so it's not the best, and I'm sure you will be able to do a much better job than I did.

Pat   
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

jaytrumpet

Thanks Pat,

I tried taking your advice and made some improvements on it. I also used parts of another image of some trousers to help with the fly/crotch area.

Hannie

Great restore Jay!

The trouser are a little too smooth when you compare them to the rest of the image, a little noise would help there.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Candice

Mhayes

Good tips from Pat and Hannie that will make the photo look as good as the original. Nice work Jay.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]