• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

will need help..yep that I will

Started by battleaxe, October 21, 2014, 12:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleaxe

Okay......  :loveit:

Thank god for healing brush content aware,  Lab and blending modes!

I tried to generate the background using a copy of a its y bit of  it but I failed.  Left it in for now until I get the girl ready.  Anybody know what I can do for the background?

Not sure how high her arm goes.
Any ideas on her veil? How I can better it?  How it drapes.  Looking at the veil I am thinking I should bring the background closer to the back of her hair . 

Will redo it again to try to not  blow out the dress.
Don't think I can better the flowers.

Any suggestions welcome

Just noticed I made the blond a brunette and took out some of her hair. Editions coming in the near future. 

Here is what the little lady should look like...

Hannie

Hi Nancy,

You have done a great job, you are so brave to pick this doozy!

Other than the little girl's face, there really is not much detail left to work with!

I would try to clean up the background some more and smooth it out just a little. 
It is going to take a real artist to make the arm visible, I can't do it.

:up2:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Whew! Tough one! You've done a great job. The only thing I might add would be to try to preserve the clean lines that exist (like you have on the back of the dress) and maybe lighten up the ribbon hanging down from the flowers (if it's a ribbon - I can't decide). If there is some way to suggest folds of material in the dress, that would give it some definition, but I don't see a way to bring out any more detail in it. (Notice I don't mention how to create folds  ^-^).
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

I agree with Tori and what a mess to work to with and you brought her back to life. I was going to mention her being a blond, but you caught that one. Nice work!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

battleaxe

This is the latest one  .... and last one   (maybe...)
Not much info to gleam from this pic on any channel in any mode that I can find.
Her face changes every time I work on this.  This one seems to be the closest.
Don't know what more to do...or how to do it.

Not sure if the headdress goes all the way to the front or if that is damage, so I left it.  Did the background from the little bit that seemed intact, that was behind her back.
Not sure what to do with the damage behind her dress, might be veil or might be damage.  Tempted to put the background close to the dress, or lengthen her hair somehow.  Her hair could be the whole way down with a bow from the dress underneath it but it is hard to tell.

Any suggestions welcome!

Mhayes

I'm back to having problems opening files that I download from the Forum and couldn't looks at this closer. I do notice the white line above her eyes that I didn't see before. I would shorten the little pinkie showing. Other than that, kudos for doing this one and you have done a great job.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Nancy it looks better all the time!  I think you are right about her hair going down all the way at the back.  I also think that the little veil on her head does not go all the way over her forehead but not sure about that.

:up2:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

I'm inclined to think that the veil does not go to the forehead because I don't think it would have a middle seam, and a smaller veil set back on the head was the type my mother wanted me to wear to church long ago.

I would ask your distributor about doing two versions (both with the smaller set-back veil): one the original size with the best work you have for the dress; the other a cropped version focusing just on the head.

Faces are absolutely the hardest to get right. You're doing great!
Tori

battleaxe

Thanks for the help :) :hug:
Okay here is two versions. A third/fourth would be leaving the damage area at her back alone.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

david_gr

Tori803

Wonderful, especially with such a damaged photo!
Tori

Pat

The family will be so happy with what you've been able to accomplish Nancy; great job!

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author