• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

How Did They Do That?

Started by Tori803, October 21, 2014, 12:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tori803

I was looking at some older posts about some difficult restores and thought it would be interesting to review the techniques used and how many volunteers can contribute to the successful restoration of an image. Below is the original image (which was restored by Jonas in 2009):

If you are interested in reviewing the techniques involved in the restoration, check out this thread:

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,2594.msg24517.html#msg24517
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Thanks Tori, for posting this and a great reminder of what gems of information we have. Some of our post on color correcting and the examples is being used in Photoshop courses in Wisconsin. What we need now is more volunteer participation so that the Forum doesn't dry up and become irrelevant.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

Thanks for posting this, Tori. Breathtaking restoration. I always learn something new from Jonas!

Bambi

Jonas.Wendorf

Probably the toughest restore I ever did :)
What's nice though is that I got so much help from all of you and in the end I think the result was worth the effort.
Best regards,
Jonas

Candice

Ah to have that kind of talent!  Wonderful restoration!
Candice

Mhayes

Jonas, this was great! There are so many gems buried in our forum and it is great when volunteers post their work and give tips to others. As a reminder, please do not delete or more your photos (links from Photobucket, ImageShack, Picasa, etc.) as that cancels out any benefit to others on learning how a photo was restored and the steps taken to get there.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

OPR is so blessed to have such wonderful generous volunteers participating on the forum helping us all reach our common goal of restoring memories for those who have lost so much through natural disaster.

Good reminder about not deleting photos Margie  :up:

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author