• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Pensacola Copy Run

Started by Tori803, September 27, 2014, 10:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Here we--Mike, Pat, and Jan--the first morning ready to load up and head out for the day. Mike and Pat brought their copy stands and all the other supplies that were needed. Jan and I had the easy part flying in, but we got ours trying to get home.

Here's a picture of Amy Stamey and she was wonderful. Mike Sluder had originally tried to get us a spot at a local library, but unfortunately the weekend we picked to come was during a city festival and book sales. So we were refereed to Amy who went all out to get the word about us.

Volunteering to help were students from Kristen Regan's Photography class as Pensacola State College

From Back to Front: Paula Turner, Erin Amis, and Diane Rutledge

Helping on the copy stand is student Omar Forty with Pat and Mike in the background.

John S came in with damaged photos dating back to Hurricane Ivan. Unfortunately a lot of his photos that were in plastic sleeves were toast. He returned to bring some more photos and those will be good reference for some in the first batch. He was a contractor and most of his photos were jobs he had done and the memories of his workers--some that were no longer living.

And the stories that went along with the photos.

More to follow in the coming days.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Thanks for posting the photos, Margie! It's always fun to see some of the 'behind the scenes' pics.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mike S.

Since Jan and Margie took most of the photos I thought you would like to see them at work instead of behind the camera.  These are from a low res camera phone.

Mike
Mike S.

bjtx

The photos  of the dedicated copy run team are nice.  The facility looks like it was comfortable for both, workers & visitors.

Thanks for sharing the photos.  

betty
(aka - Betty )  CS6, PS CC,  Win 8.1; 175+ restorations so far & hope to do more :) 
Favorite site http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/

Mhayes

Mike,

I would have paid you serious money $$$ for those photos to have not seen the light of day. Tomorrow I am seriously going on a diet and getting a chin strap.  :funny:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]