• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Thank You and Two Especially Meaningful

Started by Mhayes, September 10, 2014, 07:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Not long ago I had a request for us to restore some photos from the Joplin tornado. Since OPR had come and gone, I needed for the photos to either be downloaded to us or sent by flash drive or CD. Doug sent us his by flash drive and the photos were a delight since they were very old. Some were harder than others so it took longer to get them all done. They were finally all done and I received this email today and the part about his father will enforce why photos mean so much.

QuoteMargie and Volunteers,
  I received the flashdrive and photos in the mail today, and I am beyond impressed! Great job... they all look great! The 2 photos of my father at a young age are especially meaningful since we lost him last Monday the 8th... a month before his 80th birthday, so those photos were over 60 years old.
  I will be foreveer greatful!
Many Thanks, Doug

Doug's picture was on the latest OPR newsletter.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

What a wonderful thank you note Margie and thanks so much for sharing it with us.  Knowing what a difference OPR can making in the lives of those suffering tragedies is what keeps us burning the midnight oil on particularly difficult restores.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author