• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

WUWF (NPR) Radio Interview

Started by Mhayes, September 10, 2014, 01:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I had a phone interview that was broadcast on WUWF (NPR) radio hosted by Sandra Averhart. This interview was on the heels of the one Mike Sluder did back in July. Here is the link to their website of the interview: http://wuwf.org/post/photo-restoration-group-helps-pensacola-flood-victims

Hats off to WUWF and their coverage of OPR.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Great interview Margie!  Based on all the press we've been getting and the enthusiasm from those in the area this promises to be a very successful copy run.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Candice

As always you did a great job!  The clock is ticking can't wait to see our new projects.

An update on Moore.... The neighborhoods are finally starting to look like neighborhoods again.  The elementary school where so many children died was rebuilt.  They crews worked hard all summer long and now the children are back in school.  However, there are homes that people just walked off from never to come back again. 

I know that pictures were still being found long after you came and went.  Many will never be found because the winds took them to.... who knows where.

Thank you OPR for what you were able to do.

Candice

Mhayes

Thanks!

Great to hear the update on Moore and know that neighborhoods are starting to come back. The other problem there was that a lot of photos were collected and then never had a public showing. Things may have changed since we were there.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

I'll never know what happened to those pictures.  There was a page on facebook for a while and I told them, with the brochure, that OPR was coming and I shared it all over, too.  I never heard from the leader of that page.... I did see someone offer restoration for a price.  It will always be a mystery to me where those pictures went, Margie.
Candice