• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Would like opinions before I start

Started by PhotoBob, August 29, 2014, 03:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhotoBob

I'm working on this lovely photo of some hard working sailors. I can't decide if the bright area on the lower left is silvering or just bright sunlight.  Further aft on the deck there is a similar bright spot. What do you all think?? Thank You

Bob

PhotoBob
"Every cat should come with his own instruction manual."  -- BP Collin

Mhayes

Bob,

I'm guessing silvering or possible glare when it was scanned. These were scanned photos sent in and not from a copy run. I think maybe the sun is more overhead by looking at the shadow of the person taking the picture.

Neat photo!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

PhotoBob

I'll bring it way down Margie. Thanks.  8)

Bob
PhotoBob

Bambi

Bob, it looks great. I might take the Saturation or Vibrance down a little. It looks like the three men to our left look a little more faded. Maybe use a burn and dodge layer to give them a little more definition?

Bambi

PhotoBob

Bambi, it still looks like pea soup!!! ^-^  I'm just getting started and there's a long road ahead... (isn't that a song?) It won't look anything like this when you see it again.   :up:   I appreciate the input.

Bob
PhotoBob

jesterjeni

I think it would make a wonderful black and white photo, the clarity comes out real nice when you transform it!

Mhayes

I agree about this photo looking better as a B/W photo with correction done on the one side so that the tone is even. I'm not sure I would call this a B/W as it looks more like a 2 color duotone with a variation of red.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

jesterjeni

yea, it does look like a duotone ...but I was intending to be black and white. I must have posted the wrong one.  I already erased the others