• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Farm Workers?

Started by G3User, August 25, 2014, 08:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

This is only 3 x 4 inches so will appear nearly full size if you click on it.

Difficult to tell what is the real texture of the barn wall and what is damage, I am at the point where more tidying is making it look bland (I think)

Left it BW but a little sepia looks nice

Thoughts please

Athol

Mhayes

They both look nice. With Tori's Curves it has upped the contrast on the men. I played with the original and when I got done I decided to go back and do a Levels Adjustment on the RGB rather than each channel since it wasn't a color photo. It made it a brighter sepia and I liked the look. I took a sample of that color and put it on a separate layer and then dropped it on Tori's and changed the color mode to color. I then adjusted the opacity to where I liked it.

Love the old photos!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Thank Girls ::)

I wasn't sure about the white damage Tori, some of the edges lined up with the boards which made me think it might have been real. Certainly looks better after you treated it and I will do the same. I had left the contrast low, it seems like a good idea while a WIP as you have some headroom if necessary and I usually do it that way. The curve you added puts some punch in the image.

I did a bit of playing with tinting Margie, even just applying the original as a low opacity colour layer gives it that little bit of an aged feel and softens it a little.

All good, on its way in the morning

Athol

Athol