• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The Gathering ~ WIP

Started by Candice, June 30, 2014, 04:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

This is slowly coming along.  I've worked on 7 of the gatherers (left) so far.

Candice

dle

This is a wonderful old photo and you're definitely pushing it in the right direction. The gatherers on the left are certainly looking much perkier.

The only thing I can think of to throw into the mix is this. As you work on getting the details just right, don't forget to also back way out and make sure the overall tone is handled as well. Here, for example, the center and center right is a little lighter and of lower contrast than the rest. Focusing on the details at the expense of the overall effect is something I've fallen into much more often than Id like to admit.

Hope that helps.
Dave

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
-- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut (1953–1994)

Candice

Thanks D.  I will back off of a picture many times before I'm done.  I like to post here after a start to get thoughts, just like yours.  Margie is pretty good at giving me a hard time, too, on my pics and I've learned so much over the years.  This is one of those pictures that is a pixel by pixel work.  Slow is too fast, if you get my drift.  

I save the comments while working on a picture to review.  Yours has already helped.  Thank you again! 

C
Candice

Mhayes

I agree with Dave and didn't know how much to point out as it looks like you are just beginning. The girl on your far right sitting down still has damage on her dress. Also, a lot of the faces look like they have black eyes and I'm sure this is from damage. Good luck on all the mold specs. I left the border on this one and you can come back in and mask it and have it white.

Have fun!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Margie, I've only worked on 7 people on the left.  Nothing has been done on the right yet and hopefully I've adjusted the things that Dave has pointed out. 

I'm working left to right so that I can keep track of who, what, and where. 
Candice

battleaxe

Looking great so far!   :up:

Candice

Update ~ I work a little each day on this. No, not all of the faces are done nor is the background. In fact a lot of this is being done pixel by pixel so.  Here is the WIP

Candice

Pat

It's coming right along Candy and what a wonderful treasure this old 1911 photo will be for the family when you are finished.  Thank you for keeping us posted as you progress.  All the hard work is much appreciated.

Pat 
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Candice

Here's my final.   

Candice