• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Another Groom Picture

Started by coopmj, May 15, 2014, 03:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coopmj

Hi All,

Let me know if any corrections or changes are needed. 

Thanks!

Mary

Before...

After...

Mhayes

Hi Mary,

I don't know if there are any other photos that show the center of the alter that looks like a wood carving of Christ? I look at the bottom of it and it looks like water stains on the lower 1/3, but they are almost symmetrical which could means that is how it is meant to be.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

coopmj

I thought that it was a swirly carving.  (Here is a close up from the original).  I don't see any other photos in the galleries so maybe someone else knows?  I can certainly take it out and extend the wood from above if you think I should.  I will try working with that area a little more, too.

Mary

Mhayes

Mary, you're right and I don't think damage would have made those circles. Thanks as I didn't catch that!
Nice job.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Jonas.Wendorf

Hi Mary,

I just checked against some other images from this family and you're right about the circles. If you want to, I can upload the other images I found that have the same carving in them (although none really show it a lot better, but they all show the same circles).

Jonas
Best regards,
Jonas

coopmj

Hi Jonas,

I've actually just uploaded the photo to your gallery so take a look and see what you think.  I received a private message from Betty who did some additional work on the green channel and made the carvings a little sharper.  I'll try that too, later this afternoon.  If I can improve it, I'll re-upload and you can use the one you think is best.

Mary

kiska

I think the circles might be depicting clouds?
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

bjtx

I agree with Kiska.  - reminds me of Art Deco clouds
(aka - Betty )  CS6, PS CC,  Win 8.1; 175+ restorations so far & hope to do more :) 
Favorite site http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/

Jonas.Wendorf

Thanks Mary, your upload looks really nice :-)!
Looking forward to your next one  ::)
Best regards,
Jonas