• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A Shout Out for Pat W

Started by Mhayes, May 08, 2014, 06:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

How about a shout out with get well wishes for one of our own: PatW! Besides having asthma problems, she discovered she had heart problems. For that she had surgery to correct the problem, but needed more surgery. Here is Pat's version:

QuoteOk, a few plot twists on the way to Pat 3.0. Rebooting the heart last Monday didn't work, now it's on to Plan B. Next Wed, the surgeon will go back inside my heart, search for the cells that have run amok & zap the bejeebers out of them. If all goes well, my heart will resume behaving & the rest of me will be free to run amok as usual.

But unfortunately it wasn't and Pat just about didn't make it. This was posted by her husband on Facebook:

QuoteSorry about taking so long to update everyone on Pat's procedure but it's been an interesting 24 hours. In getting over the "bump in the road" Pat fell into an open manhole on the other side. There were complications (a tear in the heart) and she was rushed into emergency open heart surgery which, thank god, went well. After a rough afternoon and night she is doing remarkably well...sitting up and eating as I write. She thanks everyone for their concern and she will be back online in a few days.

And we finally got to hear from Pat:

QuoteHi Guys, Tried to write this last night, but fell asleep in the middle:) This is the first time I've been strong enough to be on my iPad. As you now know, the procedure went terribly wrong. But even though they feared I was a lost cause, they didn't give up on me. A team of doctors & nurses, led by one of the best heart surgeons in the country, was able to save my life. They're calling me a miracle. I'll spare you the gory details but I shouldn't have been able to survive this. I'm not a religious person, but I am a spiritual one. From everything I've heard from the participants, I honestly believe that all of those thoughts & prayers you sent out played a part in the outcome. I am so grateful to have such a Boffo bunch of family & friends.

Big steps forward today. Can almost get out of bed by myself...off of all the scary machines...pain much improved..AND I get to have ice cream whenever I want. How cool is that!

May even get transferred to a cardiac rehab place today. They expect me to make a full recovery, it will just take time. I have nothing to complain about. I get to keep my happy little life, my husband & family, my small fluffy but manly dog & my friends. Usually don't write posts this long or this personal, but it's been a very emotional adventure. I may be the luckiest, unlucky patient in history. I love you all.

When I read what was happening I realized how much I value her friendship. OPR has allowed me the benefit of connecting to some wonderful friends here.  Perhaps the Internet is not as good as being there in person, but I treasured all the friends that I have met here.

Tess wished her well from down under and Pat replied: "Thanks, Tess! Good vibrations from way down under are much appreciated! P.S. One of these days you & Margie will see me back at OPR. Honest!"

So how about we send Pat some get well wishes and to get back to OPR. With her sense of humor you don't have to rein in any wild and crazy ones.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Chris.

Wow, that is some really good/bad news, or bad/good news ?  :-\  ;D  Glad to hear that things are getting better, hope to see ya back soon at OPR, and are back to 100 percent even sooner. :) 

Chris
Chris

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once... A. Einstein

Candice

Pat, get well sooner than later.  You know you are missed and loved!! :hug:
Candice

Mhayes

And least we forget, Don Diego, Pat's sidekick has passed his rescue dog training.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

You go, gurrrrl!  :up2: :up2: :up2:
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Mike S.

Pat,

Very glad you came out of this OK.  Best Wishes for continued improvement.

Mike
Mike S.

Jonas.Wendorf

Pat,

hopefully you'll have a fast and complete recovery  :hug:!
Best regards,
Jonas

david_gr

My prayers go out for you Pat. 

David Gr

battleaxe

Keep moving but not too fast.  Little paces.    Have a speedy recovery :hug:

Tori803

I hope you'll keep feeling better each day!
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Hannie

Hi Pat,

So glad to hear you are on the mend! 
Wishing you a lot of strength, get well soon.

:hug:
Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PhotoBob

This is very good news Pat! I hope you get stronger each day  :up:

Bob
PhotoBob
"Every cat should come with his own instruction manual."  -- BP Collin

schen

Pat,

I am glad to hear that you got to go home and united with DD.  Wish you be back to your old self in no time.

Shujen
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6