• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Another Easy Wedding Picture

Started by david_gr, May 07, 2014, 04:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david_gr

Hi, Everybody, I'm back since tax season is over.   :)

This should be pretty straight forward. There was some water damage on the right by the plants but I think I got it cleaned up.   Please let me know what you think.  It's good to be back.  I see there are a good number of apparently easy restores out there to do.

David Gr

BEFORE

AFTER

Mhayes

David, I took the original and did a Levels Adjustment (moved the sliders in each of three channels) and compared it to your restored version. On yours the bride's dress has a pinkish cast and when I look in info colortab and run the cursor over the dress it shows a lot more red than what I had after doing the Levels Adjustment.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

david_gr

Thanks for the advice. Margie.  I tried adjusting each channel manually with no success.  However, I did an automatic levels adjustment to the RGB combined and it seemed to take out the red.  Here is what I came up with.  What do you think? 

David Gr

kiska

You could use a color balance adjustment to tone down the red.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

david_gr

Thanks Kiska I used the color balance to take away some of the red, not as much as in your example.  I also fixed the hair of the mother on the left.  Here is what I came up with. 

What do you all think?  This is why I try to do black and white photos. 

David Gr  :)

Mhayes

David, this looks much better.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]