• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Faded Baby

Started by Brian N, April 19, 2014, 10:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian N

Wondering if I can have some opinions on the background and the baby clothes colors?  It seems the original possibly may have been more purple on the background and possible more green on the clothes.  There may also be a bit of red in the skin and blanket that I could work on some more.  Any suggestions or other critiques of the restore would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Brian

Tori803

Hi Brian,

I think you're right that the baby's clothes are more green. Using a Curves adjustment and setting the black, gray, and white points, seems to indicate green rather than blue.

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Pat

Brian I agree with Tori that the little tyke's clothes are a shade of green.  There is another photo from this family and while the baby is different it appears to have been taken in the same setting so may serve as a good reference for the background.

Originals with color correction:

All the best with this tough one.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

kiska

I got a green outfit too.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Brian N

So here is update based on comments received.  Background may be still too dark but I am open to suggestions.

Brian

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge