• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

SmithK_39_34 Review

Started by Rbm, April 11, 2014, 10:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rbm

Greetings,

I could not see any detail in any of the channels in the damaged area to the left of the bride.  In fact I could not find the back of the bride.  This is the fourth image with this bride that I have had the pleasure of working on.  My guess at what the bride's back "MAY" look like is based on those other restores.  With the way she is standing I think her full skirt should be pushed out some in the back.  At least that is what I was trying to suggest.

Is there anything else I need to do to this one?

Thanks,
Richard

Candice

I believe the piece at the bottom of the brides dress is damage and not a petticoat.
Candice

Rbm

Greetings,

Possible petticoat piece has been removed.

Thanks,
Richard

lurch

Hair is too teased/full, extends too far to the bride's rear.
<C>

Bambi

Great job, Richard. I put two reference photos in your gallery, both with her facing in the same direction. One has the veil, one does not (so you can see her hair). I don't think that much of her hair shows through. Hope those help.

Bambi

Rbm

Greetings,

Thanks for the reference photos Bambi.  Both were very helpful.  I used the one to better define the bride's hairline and copied some background detail from the other to place to the left of the bride.  Below is the revised version.

Thanks,
Richard

Mhayes

Hi Richard, think you are getting closer and nice job so far. The only thing that catches my eye is her hair. Right now she looks like she had dark hair and I really thinks she is a blond. I know with the veil will cause it to be darker and some of her pictures look like she has highlights especially around her face and in others she looks like all over a blond. I wonder if you could lighten in places like the original that would give more highlights in the hair?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Rbm

Greetings,

I never thought of this bride as a blond.  I went back and looked at all the photos of this bride that I have access too.  See samples below.  I see it now.

Below is my updated version.  In this version I tried to keep what I could from the original and brought in the hair highlights from sample #2.  Thanks for reference photos Bambi.

Later,
Richard

Pat

Gorgeous job on the hair Richard!  The family will very pleased when they receive this.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Perfect! Richard, great job with the highlights!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]