• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello from Washington State

Started by Mia, April 03, 2014, 01:27:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mia

Hello,
I am new to OPR and look forward to working for such a great cause. I have taught beginning and advanced Photoshop and currently teach Digital Photography at Peninsula College in Washington State.

Mia

Pat

Hello Mia,

A warm welcome from Michigan. 

It's great to see you on the forum.  We enjoy sharing tips and techniques we have found especially handy when restoring storm damaged photos, your background will certainly be a plus.

We have been following the news reports of the devastation taken place in your area and our thoughts and prayers are with everyone who has suffered loss and those who are working the recovery operation.

Looking forward to working with you.

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mike S.

Another warm welcome from Michigan Mia,

Oso, Washington is going through a tough time.  I am sure your talents will be a big help to OPR and to Oso.

Mike
Mike S.

Mhayes

Hi Mia,

Great to see you on the forum and we are so glad you have joined. I have the advantage of getting to know you better after our long conversation on the phone last night.

Mia, is one of several OPR volunteers that will be helping in the relief efforts in Oso, Washington. OPR will be offering our services and I will have more information as things progress. Right now we are going through a process with those in charged to be approved in the relief effort.

In the meantime our hearts go out to the town of Oso that has suffered such a devastating loss when a mudslide destroyed a whole town.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Welcome Mia, from Minnesota. We're all looking forward to do something for the folks in Washington.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Chris.

Welcome Aboard!

Glad to see OPR will be offering help in Washington. :)
Chris

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once... A. Einstein

debbyfloyd

Yes, we are working hard here and I believe they will announce OPR help soon.  Until then, quiet out of respect for the families.

I look forward to meeting and working with you. :up:

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Check out the OPR Facebook page for more about Oso, Washington: https://www.facebook.com/OperationPhotoRescue  Help get the word out about our efforts by posting OPR on your own Facebook page as social media is a great way to get the word out.

Later this weekend I hope to have more news on the efforts going on behind the scenes with local OPR volunteers. Debby Floyd, along with Jill Hendershot, and Mia Boster. Security is very tight and background checks are being done to ensure the privacy of those who lost so much in this mudslide. I will be posting updates to show what is being done and also when the authorities are ready, announce the time, place, and location of a copy run.

I am very impressed with our local OPR volunteer and the work they are putting in to clean photos and meet with the locals in charge and pass out information about Operation Photo Rescue.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

debbyfloyd

Hello Everyone,

It has been a long and focused response to OSO and OPR stepped up when both Jil Hendershot and I were looking for a local response.

The information you have posted, to date, has been immensely helpful in our local and quiet presence.  As Margie said, more is coming in the next few days.

I would like to thank Margie for the stellar support she's given me in providing expert advise to use with the damaged photos and then encouragement she's soon in our teaching volunteers
to mass process what we believe to be thousands of photos.  Not all will need restoration, though I am sure there will be a significant batch.

My heart breaks for the immense loss of lives, families and community just up the road from where I live.

It is nice to join you and thank you!
Debby Floyd
Marysville, Washington

Tori803

Kudos to Debby, Jill and Mia for all their hard work on site so far. I'm sure the work is draining and takes an emotional toll. We all look forward to having a share in helping in due time.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Check out our new homepage/blog about Oso, Washington. In the coming days I will also be adding photos that Debby took of the cleaning process.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]