• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Happy Couch Napper

Started by EricT, April 02, 2014, 04:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricT

WIP looking for feedback. Also new user here, so, hello. Hoping I posted this in the correct area. If not please let me know. I look forward to working with all of you restoring the memories of affected families.

Thanks!

-E
Eric 
Mac  Photoshop CS6

Pat

Eric, a warm welcome from Michigan! 

Your happy little couch napper looks real nice and yes you posted him in the correct place  :up2:

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mike S.

Eric another warm welcome from Michigan,

Your restored photo looks very nice but I noticed on the very top edge from left to right for about 3/4 of the photo is a gray line.  This may be from when you copied it to add to the Forum or it might be part of the photo.  If part of the photo you will want to take it out.  See the blow up with the red arrows showing your restore.

Mike
Mike S.

EricT

Thank you Pat and Mike.

Mike, I suppose I took their instructions of, "Do not add or subtract to the photo" literally. It was the edge of the photo from the  scanning process as far as I could tell. I went ahead and fixed that up as you suggested. Thank you for your feedback. Does this look ready to turn in?

Thanks again,

Eric
Eric 
Mac  Photoshop CS6

Mike S.

Yes Eric,

You have done a fine job on it.  It looks ready to go home.

Mike
Mike S.

EricT

Eric 
Mac  Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Hi Eric,

Sorry to be late in weighing in on this, but there are a couple things that caught my eye.

1.  Is the sheet where the child is holding it. By his elbow looks like the right color and that is white with decorative stripes and not with a green cast as it appears by the blanket.

2.  On the blanket on the far left side you will see a slight greenish cast that can be corrected to be more blue like the rest.

3. This is a minor pic, but the pillow (especially below boy's head) had purple discoloration which is where ink had migrated.

Otherwise nice job.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

EricT

Hi Margie,

Thank you for your feedback. I will revisit mt edits and see what I can do.

Eric
Eric 
Mac  Photoshop CS6

EricT

I attempted to address the spots pointed out by Margie. Feedback of course, always welcome.

Eric
Eric 
Mac  Photoshop CS6

PhotoBob

Eric,

It looks like the blue (& cyan) stain on the yellow blanket is going to be a bugger...  :knuppel:

Try creating a new layer, making it's blend mode "color".  Select a soft edge brush and use the eye dropper tool (press & hold Alt to temp switch) to select the color you want to cover the blue stain with. Then paint on the new layer, resampleing as often as necessary to get it smooth. This should help. (but sometimes weird things happen so be ready with the undo  ;) )

Bob
PhotoBob
"Every cat should come with his own instruction manual."  -- BP Collin