• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Having trouble with face and head

Started by rdshields, February 23, 2014, 02:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdshields

Not sure what to do with the eyes, and the head doesn't look right to me.  Any advice from senior members?

Edited by admin.

Mhayes

Hi Rdshields,

It would help if you would post the before/after photo. I noticed that you have a Photobucket account and you have given the link to the before/after. Below is a screen print on how to post so that your photos show up in the context of your post. When you paste that URL into your post, it will show the code, but when you either preview or post---the photo will be embedded for everyone to see and also copy.

You are right that your version does not look right. I looked in your gallery and your distributor has added other photos of the bride/groom for reference and some are already restored which should be a huge help.  Look at your work and compare with the other photos. The groom's hairline is not the same and you will see how it recedes. The groom's face is not as dark as you have it. The best comparison photo is LynnL_36_17.

Use your reference photos and then come back and post your progress.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

PhotoBob

Rose,

I searched the channels in your image looking for more detail - and there is some in the blue channel, but you already have that taken care of in your restore. I too am working on a Lynn photo and I can tell you the groom has nice brown eyes.   :)  I know that's not much help...  Here's the couple in my photo (for reference).

PhotoBob
"Every cat should come with his own instruction manual."  -- BP Collin

Mhayes

Bob, thanks for the help. Rose does have three other photos of the bride/groom in her gallery that show good details. Here is one photo that I have reduced the size since the original is in her gallery.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

rdshields

Margie, Thanks for the help in navigating the forum.  I am having a bit of trouble navigating Photobucket, but I'll try again.  And thanks Bob too...I already used that head for some of the facial features.

I am concerned about his eyes.  I retrieved the shape and size from the blue channel, but now what do I do?  Do I paint in the color of his eyes and eyebrows?  None of the other photos of him have his eyes in the right direction, so I'm not sure where to go from here.

And his head... because again the blue channel doesn't have the information I need.  I measured my head against what his head should be from another image, but it still doesn't look right.

Like I said to Bambi, I might have bit off more than I can chew.

rdshields

Mhayes

Rosie,

No you're not. If there is no photo showing, you don't have the right code posted. It will be the last option and sometime I have to keep trying till is says "Copied" after clicking on it. Here is a help aide posted under The Newcomers Welcome Center on the Forum: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,2002.0.html
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Rdshields, I played around with the two urls in your post and after I found the photo I licked on the IMG box under "Links to share this photo" (on Photobucket) to copy the url to the clipboard. Then I just pasted the url here.

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

seelcraft

I think if you pull back the outer eye-socket bones on both of their further eyes, just a little, they will look a lot more realistic.
Doug
Chemists have solutions!

rdshields

Thanks Tori...I'll try it again.

Doug...can you help me understand a bit more what you are saying?  I'm not sure I understand.  What should I technically do in order to pull back the outer eye-socket bones?  I'm very excited to try your advise.

seelcraft

I just dented her temple. With him, I moved the eye a little, too.
Hope it helps. His iris still isn't pointed right.
Doug
Chemists have solutions!

seelcraft

Here are two attempts by me to do his face: both were patched together from other pix.
Please show me how we can improve it. Thanks.
Doug

Chemists have solutions!

Mhayes

Doug,

I can go along with your eyes on #2, but that is about all. His head is now shorter with what looks like a crew cut and the hairline is different. Also, if you look at the green channel (original) you will get a better look at where his chin ends and the neck is showing. His chin is not that long. Example #3 does not look like the same guy and you have changed completely how the groom is positioned  I think maybe Tori's example with your eyes on #2.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

Yeah. Doesn't look like the same guy.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Rose, I think that your version is pretty close to what the photo looked like. 
The white spot above his eyebrow could be toned down some and there are a few spots left on the jacket, minor stuff really.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]