• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Asleep at the Wheel?

Started by Mhayes, September 23, 2013, 01:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Where are you guys/gals? This has probably been the deadest I have ever seen the Forum. Not only that but the galleries have photos that are not moving which is not a good thing when you consider I have 196 photos from Lindsborg to follow the Hurricane Sandy photos. We have a copy run in a couple of weeks for those hit by the tornado in Moore, OK. For those of you that check into the Forum and also the faithful few that continue to restore photos: A big Thank You! Unfortunately if we do not see more photos going out, we will have to cut back on the number of disasters we can handle. Right now we are getting some feelers out about a copy run next year to help those in the Bolder, CO area, but things need to start improving---and soon.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Speaking for myself.  I have been watching the galleries and holding off since we have so many people that have not taken a picture yet however, I know how it can snowball if we don't start working on things.  That's not what OPR is about.  It's about the families that are waiting for their families to come home. 

Two requested.

C
Candice

Mhayes

Hi C,

You have been very active and one who finishes one photo and goes on to the next. I believe that those who are very active need a "breather" so as not to burn out. So please do not feel this meant you or anyone else that needs a break. Plus, in a couple of weeks hope to see you on the Moore copy run.

I sent out a newsletter asking for more participation, because I really started getting worried that we were going to have a backlog of the NY and NJ photos when I thought they should be finished by now. I also added to it by going to Lindsborg, KS, but I couldn't ignore flooding in my home state. Plus, the forum and the galleries have become stagnant. We will try to get more photos in the galleries without causing families that have been available for awhile to be ignored.

Thanks everyone and I know there are reasons why some of you can't be as active. For those who time has slipped by--drop back in again as we missed you!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

I wimped out myself, but will cheerfully start tackling restorations again :up2:
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Rbm

Hi Margie,

Message received!  I'm in the process of selling my house here in Illinois and moving back home to Kentucky.  Once that is complete I'll be back here to help.

Thanks,
Richard Mayes

Mhayes

Hi Richard,

We understand and you weren't in the "dog house."  ;) Hope your move goes well and look forward to hearing from you again.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Jo Ann Snover

I've just finished my first restoration in many months after receiving Margie's e-mail earlier today.

It's not lack of interest, honest! I had surgery and not long after I was out of the hospital my son went in with a collapsed lung and had to have surgery too. Then in July he had the other lung operated on, then visiting family in August, back to school and...

I will try to make time for a few each week so things can get a bit more caught up. I think the e-mail today was a great idea - sort of the way the Red Cross sends out a "please donate" message if their blood supply gets low :)
Jo Ann

G3User

I was always known for my diabolical timing Margie.  :P

Looks like your e-mail is bearing fruit which is excellent, look forward to seeing some of the familiar names back in action.

Athol

jesterjeni

been busy...
my car was totaled in my driveway-awful experience
my 41 yr. old cousin died.....
my son left home moved with his dad (and dad threw him out...3 hours away from home)
my ex is fighting for my daughter 14 years after we divorced

I have been watching from a distance.....

what I need is a challenge picture w/o a deadline!

I miss you guys....please don't hold it against  me!!

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

I'm beginning to feel (almost) bad for picking on you guys. However, if you remember in the newsletter was a disclaimer for those with health and personal reason that were absent. So I do understand. It is great though to see the response and also to see a lot of you that have been away---we missed you! Also, I start to panic when I see two copy runs coming on top of two previous ones that aren't all finished.

Athol, I am still think over the diabolical timing and wondering if you were serious about taking a leave of three months?  :mad:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

It's very humbling to learn that many of you who have been unable to keep active because of health and personal reasons are still following from the sidelines.  We wish you all better tomorrows.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Tori803

Best wishes to everyone - hope the next few months go smoothly.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

MCarroll

Thanks for the nudge. Back. These folks didn't chose to have the keepsakes ruined. I'll try and do my part to help.

Pat

Thanks Melissa, it's great to have you back.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

seekingoz

I want to second everyone's thoughts...thanks for the nudge. It's great to be back!  :loveit: