• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Need advice?

Started by rlowenberg, September 15, 2013, 09:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlowenberg

Any suggestions what to do with the background where there is no information? Also, if you have suggestions for anything else that would be helpful, please include that. Thanks!

Mhayes

Welcome to the Forum Rlowenberg. The first thing I would do is to color correct as what you have is off especially with the woman's face being so beet red. On the left hand side of the Forum (must be logged in) is a link to the "Techniques Handbook" http://www.operationphotorescue.org/assets/Techniques.pdf Look at pages 2-6 will help you. Even with a simple auto in Curves will come pretty close. Right now if I look at your WIP I can see clipping in the red and green channels--do a Levels Adjustment and then look at the sliders and you will see the sliders need to come in.

I would work on getting the color corrected and then do damage control on the woman, her dress, the house behind and the tree. Once that is done, post and we can help on the background. I think above the bushes to your right will just have to be sky and to below the bushes will have to be filled in as ground. Perhaps borrowing from the left. Good luck and keep posting.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

rlowenberg

Thank you. I will try that. I am not sure why the color is showing up like that, it looks fine in PS and I haven't changed the color from the original.