• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Lindsborg, Kansas Copy Run

Started by Mhayes, September 11, 2013, 01:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

I'm kind of running behind schedule, but hope within the next couple of days to post more about the copy run to Lindsborg, KS. This was something of a mini-run and was done for one day only. Despite a limited showing I was able to come back with 196 photos. More in the coming days.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

I'm sure the folks who brought in photos were delighted to have this opportunity. Thank you Margie! Looking forward to seeing their photos.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Pat

196 opportunities to bring a smile to citizens of Lindsborg, KS; thank you Margie!  

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to be so late in getting this out. Plus I just love posting and hitting a key and all is lost which includes photos and text that I was having problems loading to start---makes my day NOT! Also, having a lot of trouble with Photobucket and the ability to click to copy.  :mad:

From left to right: Darah Isaacon, LaNell Keeler, Hugh Irvin, Lenora Lynam (Archivist/Administrative Asst. at McPherson County Old Mill Museum where this was held), and Dan Carr (Editor of The Lindsborg News-Record)

Mother holding flood damaged photo of her son.

LaNell Keeler, volunteer, reading about OPR during a slow time.

Table with samples of OPR restores and also folders with damaged photos waiting for the owners to return.

One of the many Dala horses in Lindsborg. For more about them: http://www.lindsborgcity.org/index.aspx?nid=422

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Thanks for posting the photos Margie. It helps us feel connected to the people we'll be restoring photos for.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge