• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

101 - a personal milestone

Started by Atlantis, August 17, 2013, 07:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

Yesterday I sent home restore #101 since I joined OPR in october 2007.
Despite pc problems and life events I managed to sent home most of the ones I requested.
Some were to hard to work on within a reasonable timespan, some were beyond my skills but I learned heaps spending time on this forum. Priceless tricks that I copied and saved in case I got stuck. I still don't consider myself a digital painter but I did learn how to push pixels.
Today a new request arrived and I know I will love working on it as much as I loved working on each and every restore for the past 6 years.
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Pat

Congratulations Atlantis on your milestone!  And a big thanks to you for posting your wip on the forum.  We have all learned and saved favorite suggestions right along with you. :hug:

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Tori803

Congratulations Atlantis! Thank you for all you hard work and dedication!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

schen

Congratulations Atlantis!

We should form a Club 101 for those finished more than 101 restorations.  I know number doesn't mean everything.  There are restorations that took days to finish and there are restorations that took minutes.  But 101 is a lot of restorations.

Thanks you for your service to OPR!

Shujen
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

jneil2

Good for you, Atlantis.  You have been a great supporter of OPR and its mission.

Best,

Jan

G3User

Well done Atlantis.  :wnw:

Maybe just a tiny a touch of exaggeration about "loving each and every restore"

Athol

Mike S.

Fantastic Atlantis,

You have set a standard that some can only aspire but gives a challenge to all.

Well done,

Mike
Mike S.

Bambi

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Atlantis

Thank you all.
My hubby found a birthday card saying happy 101 and sent it to me  :loveit:

@Athol I'm afraid that I did love every one of them, even the hard ones, maybe I loved those even more after I managed to finish them well enough to sent them home
and the ones I had to resign, I loved them and felt a bit disappointed I lacked the skills to finish them but that is how we learn

@Sujen I have one restore under the belt that took me less than 10 minutes, after all the complicated restores I was so suprised that I spent another 10 trying to find out if perhaps my monitor was not working well  :funny:
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Candice

Candice

glennab

Atlantis... 101 is beyond awesome!  What a fantastic milestone.  You're the best.  Hugs.  GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)