• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Help me choose please.

Started by paulboyowhite, July 12, 2013, 01:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulboyowhite

I figure I need to try my hand at some much harder restores if I am going to improve.
I have looked in the gallery and just can't see any that I have the confidence to try,but I would give it a shot if i had too if you understand what I mean.
I will go now to work and in the morning I look forward to reading any suggestions offered.
I am not scared to try as I know there is a lot of people who can help so suggest away.
I get knocked down but I get up again,your never gonna keep me down.

Chumbawamba

Mhayes

Paul,

Yes, you can learn my taking on harder ones, but if the ones in the gallery are little more than you want to take on, maybe wait and until more photos are added to the galleries? Also, why not right click and copy the image on some on the photos on the forum and try your luck on them. That would be a good way to increase your skills especially on post where the before and after are successfully concluded. That way you can see if you can get the same results.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

paulboyowhite

I may just do that Margie
Cheers

Chumbawamba

G3User

Paul,

My experience is that it is best to take images that interest you. Now that may be because it offers a particular technical challenge but it is better if you can relate to the subject.

Being stuck on a image which I am not attracted to generally leads to my wife complaining about my disposition and usually I don't get the sort of satisfaction when restored that I get from something I relate to.

By courtesy of the distributors grunge machine, even restorations which appear easy can have hidden traps and working through the usually multiple ways of addressing a problem will continue your education. My current image has forced me to come to terms with the pen tool in Photoshop and to make better use of the colour replacement tool.

Athol

paulboyowhite

Quoteeven restorations which appear easy can have hidden traps

I can relate to that.Its so much different to restoring for fun .

Chumbawamba

Mhayes

Paul, be very careful of a certain Aussie by the name of Athol. He seems helpful on the surface, but has been known to try to cast a bad light on the distributors. Earlier he hinted at being good, but 7 months in and he is back to his old tricks.  :funny:

QuoteMy mother said I would come to a bad end, looks like it is happening.  Undecided

Is it too late to make a New Year Resolution?

Athol

Welcome back Athol!

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]