• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Photoshop CS4 Keyboard Shortcuts Going Wild

Started by mark_webster25, May 18, 2013, 09:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark_webster25

I was working in Photoshop CS4 Extended last night.  And wham, my shortcuts go haywire, it was acting like I was keeping keys pressed down.   Very strange.  I exited the application and it wasn't occuring in any other application. I rebooted and for about 2 minutes it was ok and started again.  This is very odd as it doesn't occur in any other application.  Have any of you run accross this issue and if so how did you solve it.  I've got all the patches for CS4 installed.  It's been working fine up until now.

Mark
We are spiritual beings having a physical experience, and God doesn't make junk.  Live in the solution, not the problem and remember to pause and reflect before you react and deflect.

Tori803

Don't know if this will help, but found a discussion on a similar problem online at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/728446

One post was:

B.U.G.I wrote:

My fellow worker had the same kind of problem with her Mac and Phostoshop CS5 and we managed to fix it this way.

When you are in Photoshop and editing text, try pressing Mac-command key and space-bar at the same time. These keys are shortcut keys for both Phostoshop and OS X operating system. Somehow if you press them when editing text in Photoshop, the default input device is also changed on operating system. This is why keyboard does not work properly with Photoshop anyore, at least it was like this in our case and as i said, you can change this back to normal by pressing Mac-command key and space-bar when working with Phostohop.

Thank you - this is the exact problem I was having too, and after trying exactly as you suggested, it is resolved.

For anyone else, here's how I resolved it with above instructions...

1) open a text layer for editing

2) hit cmd+spacebar

3) OSX spotlight will open; just click back into the Photoshop window where your text box is open for editing.

4) if your issue was the same as mine, your arrow keys, delete key, etc will be functioning properly again.

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

glennab

Hi Mark

I've never run into this issue before, and I upgraded from CS2 to CS5, so I haven't worked in CS4.  However, one thing I'd suggest is that you check is the size of your Photoshop scratch disk and be sure it's large enough to deal with your files.

Cheers
GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)