• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Thank you from Toms River

Started by schen, May 06, 2013, 02:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

This morning while having breakfast at a diner in Toms River, a man walked over to our table and thanked us for what we are doing for the Hurricane Sandy victims.  He learned about OPR from the news and saw us wearing the OPR T-shirt and put the two together.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Tori803

How nice! It's good to see OPR recognized.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

schen

In TomsRiverPatch (tomsriver.patch.com)

Mary Ann

8:10 pm on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

What a wonderful thing these people are doing! We were lucky. All of our pictures were kept in plastic containers on the second floor, but I know many people that I will forward this information to. I know how grateful they will be for this service. I want to say thank you on their behalf.

In BerkeleyPatch (berkeley-nj.patch.com)

Peter Mc Cormack

12:25 pm on Saturday, May 4, 2013

since everyone likes to complain about sandy help instead of being grateful let me be the first (and maybe only one) to say thank you operation photo rescue.

Shujen Chen

Mhayes

Shujen, what a great photo and really nice the response all of you got while in NJ. It seemed like everyone really appreciated what OPR was doing and that included the media that went all out.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

seelcraft

Although I suspect you keep locations secret for some reason, I'd really like to know when we can start on the NJ pix. Being from NJ and having missed a lot of the Sandy destruction, I'd like to be able to help my less fortunate state-mates.
Chemists have solutions!

Mhayes

We only go on copy runs to locations after a disaster when we either have our current number of photos almost completed or know that we can take on more and get them finished in good time. We do not put the latest copy run's photos in until all of the previous run's photos are gone from the galleries. We only got about 450 photos from NY run and then another 150 from OPR volunteer Dennis McKeefer and students on Staten Island, NY. Right now we have those 150 photos are being put out in the gallery and when they are done the NJ ones will be put out.

We have never kept locations secret, but we do keep the person's address and other information secret for privacy reasons. Hope that clears up your misunderstanding and we will announce when the NJ photos are in the galleries.

One thing to also keep in mind is that Mike and Pat drove to Seaside Heights, NJ from Michigan. They stayed over Monday to help one more family and should be home about now. They have all about 660 photos to upload, but first each one of those photos has to be cropped to size and then uploaded to PhotoShelter in an Archive with the family's name on the folder. This does take some time.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

Seelcraft,

On the copy run trip to Seaside Heights, I witness the destruction of Hurricane Sandy in your state.  I can understand your eagerness to help your state-mates.  We are currently restoring the damaged photos collected from New York.  As soon as those are complete, the New Jersey photos will be available in the gallery.  If you have time to help restoring the photos of your neighbors', we will get to your state's sooner.

Shujen
Shujen Chen