• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

new to this site

Started by lillee, April 28, 2013, 01:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bambi

A warm welcome from Las Vegas. I learned everything I know about photo restoration from my friends and colleagues on Forum. Look forward to working with you.

Bambi

weewood

I like to help people as much as possible! Just holler if you need help! Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

cathsaigh

I can't think of a better way to participate in the human experiment than to repair damaged photos. Thanks for allowing me to help.

tc

Tori803

Welcome TC! It's very satisfying to help out here, and, as  Bambi mentioned, also a great place to sharpen your restoration skills.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

TC welcome to OPR and the Forum. Not only is repairing the damaged photos rewarding, but if you ever have the chance, come along on a copy run. There is you will get to met the people behind the photos and hear their stories. It becomes personal and you get to see first hand how much what we do is appreciated.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Barb

Hello to all,
Just requested my first photo and can't wait to start.  I know how much I enjoy looking at old photos and hope I can help someone else receive this enjoyment as well. I'm sure along the way I'll need help and advice as I work up to some of the more difficult photos.  I took one that didn't look too difficult.  So glad there is this forum to help.
Barb

Hannie

Hi Barb, welcome to the forum and have fun on your first OPR restore.

I hope that when you take a closer look at your downloaded image you won't be discouraged. 
There are some people lurking around here that add extra damage to the photos before they are send out to volunteers..... just kidding!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Barb, welcome to the forum and hope to see your progress on the forum. Never mind Hannie, we are all trustworthy.  >:D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Cptn_Needa

Hi all.
Just joined and am really exited to be part of this project. Think I'll be starting simple, but first it seems that a good look around these forums would be very useful.

Hannie

Welcome to the forum Cptn, glad you joined us!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Hi Cptn and a big welcome from Michigan.

Be sure to check out our Navigating OPR and Techniques Handbook.  You can find both of those located on the upper left hand side of your screen when you are logged into the Forum Home page. 

The conversations in Easy, Moderate, and Difficult categories found in the OPR Workshops are not only fun to read when time allows but they also hold a treasure trove of tips and techniques.  You can bookmark any you feel would be of particular use for future reference.

All the best,
Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Hi Cptn and welcome from Kansas. Great to have you and Pat's advice will make you feel more comfortable as there is a lot to learn on navigating the site and Photoshelter. Also, The New Volunteer Welcome Center will be a big help: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

nikkidoodlesx3

Hi everyone!
I just joined today and can't wait to get started! I'm excited to begin helping out others where I can, but first it's going to take me a bit to learn all the ins and outs of this place!  :)

Mhayes

Hi Nikkidoodlesx3 (whew, long handle), welcome to OPR and we are glad to have you join. Right now photos are down, but in the coming months hope to have more. Hope to see you again on the Forum.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]