• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

new to this site

Started by lillee, April 28, 2013, 01:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris.

Welcome Peggy,

Glad to have ya aboard. :)
Chris

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once... A. Einstein

Mhayes

Hi Peggy, welcome to OPR from Kansas. You can't go wrong with having input from some of best in Photoshop at their seminars and using their books. It looks like your are doing quite well by being self taught and by posting your WIP on the Forum you will get help from some of the best here. You mentioned: " I don't have an expert eye for perfect color restoration." All of photos need to be color corrected first and that is something that can be accomplished by using either a Levels or Curves Adjustment Layer. There are also other ways to being back the color to original. Only on rare occasions does a person have to use their judgement that the color corrections is going to take some additional tweaking to make it right.

Love you sense of humor and hope to see on the Forum posting your progress.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

sligo

Hello everyone I'm Mike from Georgia new to operation photo rescue.
I'm excited and pleased to be a part of this organization.
I have personally seen the joy and happiness a restoration can bring to a family when it is presented to them.
Thank you for accepting my application. ^-

Michael M

Mhayes

Hi Michael, a warm welcome from Kansas. For you and all the other new volunteers, don't get discouraged because of the few photos we have left in the galleries. Right now we are between disasters and we are able to get a few from past disasters where people are able to upload to us. Until then keep checking the Forum for news and also the galleries for more photos coming in. Once that happens you will have more variety of damaged photos that will fit your skill level.

Great to see new volunteers coming in.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mike S.

A warm welcome from Michigan to both Peggy and Michael,

Glad to see you on the Forum.

Mike
Mike S.

PhotoBob

Welcome EVERYBODY!!!  WOW! It's great to see so many new members. You all are going to love it here. If you get stuck with a restoration, come to the forum for help. 

Save a few photos for me...

Bob
PhotoBob
"Every cat should come with his own instruction manual."  -- BP Collin

lomolomo

Hello Everybody!

I'm lomolomo from Manchester, UK!

Thanks very much for accepting my application! I can't wait to get started - this is such a brilliant idea and i'm looking forward to helping out however i can.

Megan

Pat

Hi Megan and a warm welcome from Michigan! 

Because we are between copy runs right now this is a wonderful time to review past posts and pick up on some previous tips and suggestions shared as well as just get a feel for how things work at OPR.  If you have questions there is always someone around here with an answer.

The galleries will fill up again after the next copy run and there will once again be more than enough photos to go around.  Keep checking back for updates on our upcoming copy runs.

Pat   

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mike S.

Another warm welcome from Michigan Megan,

When we do get more photos this will be the place to come to ask for or give advice on photos.

Mike
Mike S.

Tori803

Welcome from Minnesota! I'm sure you'll enjoy helping our here and getting to know everyone!
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

IamSam

Hello everyone, I'm Sam from Texas.

It's great to meet everyone and I'm glad to be a part of such a worthy cause and hope that I can be of some help.

Thanks,
Sam

Tess (Tassie D)

Welcome Sam, glad you could join us.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Great to see you on the forum Sam and a big welcome from Michigan!  We are between copy runs right now and the galleries are empty but hang in there that will change.  In the meantime enjoy reviewing past posts where you will find all kinds of helpful hints.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mike S.

Another warm welcome from Michigan Sam,

Mike
Mike S.

weewood

Hi everyone! I'm not really new, but have been gone for quite awhile, and decided to return! Bear with me while I get my act together!  ^-^
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070