• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Sandy Copy Run a Success

Started by Pat, February 04, 2013, 12:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

A huge thank you to everyone to worked so hard to make the Sandy Copy Run a success.  Very nice report:

http://www.kfoxtv.com/ap/ap/georgia/snapshots-of-sandy-group-restores-victims-photos/nWFJG/

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

glennab

Pat, thanks so much for posting the report.  We've gotten such great coverage for this run.  I'm glad it was a success.  Having so much outside expertise must have made it much easier for the OPR volunteers who were there.

I was on the first run after Katrina, and most of the volunteers were new, and only Dave Ellis had collected photos before.  It was amazing how everyone meshed and worked extremely well together.  One would have thought we were all seasoned veterans.  It was a great experience!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

dyocum555

Great Article! I want to thank everyone who was able to go to N.Y. for the copy run.  I'm looking forward to helping those folks with the restoration of their memories.

Thanks Again!   :up:
Really...that's what you're going with?

Canon 7D, Photoshop CS6, Topaz Labs, On One,  NAPP Member, Intuos5

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Just spent 7 hours either flying or at the airport to get home around 11:30, so a little tired. Lots of news that will be posted in the coming days as well as images loaded. I did want to post the link that the BBC posted about our run in NY. I can say enough good things about Anna Bressanin, journalist for the BBC, for the time and attention to detail that was shown in the filming.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21327655

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Great articles Margie. Do you ever get nervous doing the live interviews?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mike S.

Great interview Margie,

This can do nothing but help OPR.  Very good input from everyone.  Thanks to the BBC.

Mike
Mike S.

Tori803

Thanks for sharing the BBC story - a touching reminder of why we all volunteered.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Closecrop

Great article! Can't wait to get started on the restores!
Ne Obliviscaris

Niksmum

what a wonderful article and so poignant to see the photo of Ed Koch, a much loved and respected ex mayor, who recently died.
Thank you for sharing

Niksmum

G3User

Excellent report by the BBC and nice to see our fearless leader flying the flag. The US Press have certainly picked up the story and it even made it to one of the major Australian papers.

Sure we will hear lots more, particularly how the OPR members doing the run felt about it.

Congratulations all round :up:

Athol

Mhayes

Thanks Everyone, and you will hear more when we get caught up as we are getting an avalanche of emails. Glad you were pleased Athol.  :-*

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Candice

Marydh

Oh Margie,
So glad you are home safe and sound.  What a wonderful report
from the BBC.  Get some rest!
Mary

Hannie

Welcome home Margie, thanks for sharing the link to the interview, it was great to get an impression of what the copy run looked like!
Pat thanks also for posting the kfoxtv report link!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]