• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Beautiful smile suggestion!

Started by algenisromero, February 03, 2013, 12:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

algenisromero

I want to know any advice or suggestion for improve this photo, thanks. :)

Save the planet, Live well, Live green.

dyocum555

I would try a very light dodge just across the eyes to tone down the yellow mask she has.  Great job on the restore Algenis.
Really...that's what you're going with?

Canon 7D, Photoshop CS6, Topaz Labs, On One,  NAPP Member, Intuos5

seekingoz

Because the colors in your restore were muted, I decided to try a LAB mode color correction. Here's how I did it:

1.   Make a new document. You'll be changing the image to a LAB mode which will flatten the original image.
2.   Go to Image:  Mode:  LAB color. If it asks if you want to flatten the image, click yes.
3.   Click on a Curves adjustment layer.
4.   There are three adjustments in LAB: Lightness, a, b.
        Lightness controls contrast
        a – controls magenta on the left side and cyan on the right side
        b – controls yellow on the left side and blue on the right side
        A and B allow for subtle color control. I start with A and B and then adjust Lightness.
5.    When you finish, flatten the image. Go to Image:  Mode:  JPG Color.
6.    Resave it as a JPG. 

FYI...I've flipped my curves diagram so whites are on the left and blacks on the right. I did this because I'm reading the book Photoshop LAB Color by Dan Margulis that was suggested somewhere else in these forums and they use that set-up. I'm just a novice but I've already learned a lot already! LAB is a very powerful color mode.

Here are my settings:

A Channel

B Channel

Lightness

I hope all this makes sense.  :wow:

Great job on the repair.  :up:

Judy

Bambi

I was interested to see more of Dan Margulis LAB color correction. Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhfRynutmQM

Bambi

seekingoz

Fantastic! I'm only on chapter 3 so there are all sorts of things I haven't read about yet. I wish the whole book was on video.  :funny:

Thanks Bambi...I'm definitely going to bookmark this video.

Judy

algenisromero

Thanks for your help, I followed your goods advices, I going to upload the pic,  I hope that everything is ok. :up:
Save the planet, Live well, Live green.

glennab

Bambi, thanks for sharing the video.  I've had Dan's book on LAB color for several years but have never been particularly comfortable using that color space.  After seeing the photo and the video, I'm inclined to re-read the book and give LAB another try!  Great information.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

seekingoz

Bambi (or anybody), do you know how, in the video, Dan Margulis changed the color of the car from red to green. He said he used a couple of keystrokes to do it. In the video all I saw was that he clicked on the top LAB channel in the channels panel, then tapped the a channel, and finally went back to the LAB channel again and the color changed. He had to have done something else but I can't figure out what. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Judy

Pat

Many good LAB tutorials can be found on YouTube.  Here is another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5R9zpB-ODY&feature=player_detailpage#t=0s

LAB can be very useful when working on some of our most challenging photos.  It's fun and easy to get carried away with enhancements especially when you are first learning though.  You can't save LAB as jpg so you will have to flatten and convert back to RGB to save as jpg when you are ready to upload your finished file.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

lurch

Dan inverted the a channel. See at 8 min 33 sec.
<C>

seekingoz

Thanks, I guess I'll have to watch it a third time.  :funny:

Judy