• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Several Questions about this one

Started by philbach, January 18, 2013, 07:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

Hi.  I do have several questions about this photo which has proved difficult for me.  Take a look if you will and tell me what you think.  Thanks.

phil

Bambi

Very nice job so far, Phil. There is a harsh highlight on her face. I can see that it's in the original, but you might want to lighten the shadow over the people a little so it's not quite so harsh. Create a New Layer and set the Blend Mode to Soft Light. Set your foreground/background colors to black and white. Select the Brush tool and set the Opacity and Flow to 22 percent. With a big soft brush and white, go over the shadows in one continuous motion. Adjust the opacity and flow if necessary. There's also a speck of highlight on his face.

While you have the Soft Light layer, you can use Black to put a bit of shading into the chair so it doesn't look quite so flat. You have a nice stripe in the middle of the back. Copy that and replace the stripes on either side that are a little jagged. (A teensy bit of Motion Blur can sometimes help even out repairs in stripes and drapes, too.)

Bambi

philbach

Thanks Bambi.  Great suggestions.  I will continue. 
phil