• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Young girl

Started by smceachron, November 15, 2012, 02:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smceachron

Hi All,  Any suggestions as to how to make this photo better?  Thanks, Sandi
~ Sandi :)

Mhayes

Sandi,

This topic is for Hurricane Sandy, so yours needs to go on to new post. I would suggest that your color correction needs to done over and when you have good info on the photo---no need to replace it with something foreign like the brick work. All that was needed here was to have the blue inks stains removed from the guttering and the house siding cleaned up.

I noticed that the original fromat has been changed so that when you download from the Forum it comes up as a Raw file. Please when posting on the Forum, keep it simple as it was in the beginning.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

smceachron

Oops, as soon as I hit post I realized I was still in Hurricane Sandy thread. I will re-post after I re-do my photo per your suggestions.   Thank you, Sandi

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

battleaxe

HI,
  unfortunately I don't have snagit or equivalent.
For the bricks you can use the clone tool, with a small brush for repair.
for the lady's face   find the best channel that shows her face. (I think red channel)  select all, copy and put it on its own layer. Set the layer to luminosity.  Create a blank layer on top of these set to color.  With the dropper tool  set at 3x3 average take a sample of the best colored area of her face.  The select a soft brush and paint the color back into her face.   Then to the face area I would add a very slight levels adjustment

Hope this helps :hug:

smceachron

Hello, It was suggested that I correct the lighting and redo the brick work.  Should I correct anything else?  I feel I should, but not sure what.  Here is my jpg and the original.  Thanks, Sandi

Mhayes

Sandi, this is much better. Please, please, please could you please keep your post for this photo to a single posting? I know it looks like business is booming on the forum with all three post a WIP, but they should be posted together and not a new topic each time, otherwise it gets confusing following the conversation.  On your "Any suggestion to make . . ., just go to the bottom and hit reply or you can go to the top and modify your post. I'm saying this jokingly, but this will help those of us behind the scenes not loose our sanity.  :D

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

I have merged both threads into the young girl one.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

smceachron

Thank you for all your suggestions and help.  I'm not sure why I'm have a problem with strings.  ~ Sandi

smceachron

Hannie, I corrected the lighting on the brick work and now the whole photo is a little darker.  Hope this is better. Thank you for your suggestions and help.

Hannie

Hi Sandy,

The bricks look a lot better!
There still is some damage on the girl's face, I think it is sand or mud that you can also find around her head on the background of the original.
The darkness you can clear up with Levels and Curves adjustment layers:
http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,3813.0.html

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

smceachron

Here is  the photo with a better face on the young girl. ~ Sandi

smceachron

Tess,  I could not find this string to attach the updated photo.  Where am I going wrong? Thanks ~ Sandi   

Hannie

Sandy, you can just hit reply at the bottom and post your photo.  You can leave the earlier versions in place, makes for better thread reading.  :)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

smceachron

Hannie,  Hmmmm, when I log online from the website and not this email I get a brand new post.  Ahaaaa,  I must open this email, log on and download my photo to this email page.  Now I get it.  Thanks, Sandi  :D