• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

under the blob?

Started by Niksmum, November 10, 2012, 02:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niksmum

Any ideas what is in the upper left?

Irene

Niksmum

sorry I am having trouble with photobucket :'( :'( :'(

sorted ;D

Aislin

My first guess was that it was a corner of the wall.   But if you look at the angle of the doohickey directly under the blob (radiator?) in relation to the curtains, they seem to be the same.  But would you put picture above radiator?  Maybe more wall...maybe it is a corner.

My thoughts.

Hannie

Hard to say Niksmum, there could be a wall corner there or the "corner"could be a fold of the curtain.
I would fill the area with the same texture as the flat part of the curtain and extend the thingy on top of the radiator a little?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Niksmum

I think this one is done now...Thank you for the suggestions.

Mhayes

Nice clean up, but I would take your final and do either a Level or Curves adjustment---should be first step and it will brighten up your photo. The quickest would be to do a Curves Adjustment and hit auto.

I know nothing about newborns, but could someone explain why the baby looks like he has a carrot coming out of his head?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Aislin

Mike S.

Mike S.

Niksmum

I thought the idea was to restore as close to the original as possible which is why I didnt mess about with a curves adjustment. :-\
Personally I like the "old" look but if that is what is wanted then I shall send a revised version.
Thank you for the advise :)

Niksmum

Hannie

What a nice repair job Niksmum, it looks great!

You are so right about making the restore as close as possible to the original.  I think that this photo has lost some brightness due to water damage, we see that a lot so a levels/curves adjustment wouldn't interfere much with how the photo looked originally.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Niksmum

Thanks Hannie
One with Auto curves adj on its way

Niksmum

Mhayes

Niksmum,

Color Correction with a Levels or Curves Adjustment is something that should be done first on every restore and has nothing to do with keeping " the photo as close as possible to the original," but rather restoring the tonal range back to the original. A lot of times it improves the original especially if the photo was a "quick snap" home photo and as Hannie explained it helps to undue what the damage caused by water and age. There will be rare cases when it doesn't work and then you will have to try something else. Also, there maybe localized areas you might want to tweak later.

Very Nice!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]