• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Looking for Middleton pictures

Started by paula, October 31, 2006, 10:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paula

Has anyone worked on the same Middleton family as this one?  If so, I would appreciate anything that might give me an idea about the faces and her dress.  There's a lot of useless areas.  I think I remember there were several other wedding pictures. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Kenny

Wow, what a tough one. I checked the channels and didn't have any luck finding additional info.

Maybe someone else will be able to help with the faces, especially his.

Good luck!

Kenny :)

But why is the rum gone?

glennab

Hi Paula

I checked channels too, and the only way I could see much was to duplicate the layer and use layer effects - the first copy was set to multiply and the second to one of the lightening effects (I think just lighten).  The red channel had a little detail, but not much more than what you see in the original. You might be able to see more than I was able to. Worth a try.  This is a major challenge.  Good luck!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

You are a hero taking on this one Paula, I wouldn't know where to start, I am pretty sure there were several other photos, I remember thinking that they would give some idea of what they looked like.

Try a PM to your group leader Mike/Becky, they will have access to all the originals, and ask if there are any that will help.

Good luck,

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

paula

No luck here.  I sent Mike a pm yesterday.  I might as well have thrown it up on the roof.  I'll do the best I can with what I've got.  Thanks anyway.

VBrestorer

Paula:

Here's the original image of a "Middletonm..." picture that I was assigned --

I don't know if it is of the same Middleton family, and, if so, I don't know if it can be of any use to your restoration effort.

If you think it can help you, let me know and we'll figure out how to go to the next step; i.e., how can I get the hi-res image to you?

Good luck.

Larry

Kenny

If no one has a suitable match for this one I think it could just be cleaned up. You're probably not going to get much out of the man's face. However, you can still make it out faintly, and the owners will still be able to recognize the person. In my opinion you could just even out all the streaks and do subtle repairs where feasible and it would still be a nice image. The trick is going to be trying not to over restore this one. The features are so subtle that a heavy restoration would overpower the image.

I would only try to remove the streaks and make those areas match the rest. Good luck on this one.  :up:

Kenny :)

But why is the rum gone?

klassylady25

I love soldiers, I hate brides... lol   I came close to asking for that one!  Glad I didn't.  I think there were a couple more pictures of it or at least one more.  Hope you find it.

Hugz,
C