• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Appropriate Removal?

Started by Brian N, September 08, 2012, 09:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian N

It appeared to me the pole sticking out of the woman's head in original photo was a bit distracting.  Is it appropriate to remove it and the electric lines when restoring these sort of photos?  Also, any comments on the restoration?  I think I'm done but would like feedback.

Thanks,
Brian

Mhayes

Brian,

I would leave it, because it means more work if we are going to start trying to make the perfect home snapshot. This one can go, but in the future let the original stand even if it isn't a good photo. The times I will say to remove it is when we don't know what the object is and is is a distraction. What bothers me more than power lines is what happened to the redhead's legs? I see the sidewalk, but she has no legs.  ;)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Regarding the redhead's legs, it's my impression that she is sitting on the tree limb and her legs are behind the girl in white standing in front of her.  If you look at the original the redhead's legs are missing there too.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Thanks Pat. I guess she is sitting sideways and that would make sense, but it still looked liked was half a woman.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]