• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A rose by any other name

Started by Justin J., August 30, 2012, 12:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin J.

Here is what I started with:

I have done some of the cleanup, however the rose on the bottom right is giving me some trouble. Is it ok to replace the rose with a similar one and change the color levels to match the others? I have done so below and still need to blend it and adjust the color/lighting, but wanted to check before I continued with this line of thought and had to scrap it.

Thanks a Million!

Justin
If you think you can or you think you can't, you are right either way.

100% of shots that are not taken will not go in. Give it a shot!

kiska

Justin, looks good so far. It should be ok to clone a good rose. Don't forget to do levels and curves first, please. Damage between the maid's eyebrows and above.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Justin J.

Well,
I have sent off the restored photo. Feedback on my first restoration would be appreciated.

It turns out upon closer examination that the brown mark above the eyebrow on the bridesmaid is her eyebrow. I was able to clean up the damage between her eyes, however.

Thanks for the opportunity to do this.
Justin

Bambi

Maybe it's just me, but the flowers in the bottom left corner look like damage. They are probably the same white spider chrysanthemums in the bride's bouquet. Should Justin remove them, clone them? Or are they just fine the way they are?

Bambi

Justin J.

When I first looked at the picture I thought the same thing and I made an entire layer for covering up the purple tipped flowers with the chrysanthemums. When I looked closer at the original large picture, it appeared to me (possibly incorrectly) that the purple tipped flowers (carnations?) were mixed in with the chrysanthemums. I will be happy to make whatever modifications are needed and resubmit for consideration.

I greatly appreciate the feedback and welcome any more that anyone has!

Justin