• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

1st Restoration

Started by jaytrumpet, July 20, 2012, 12:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaytrumpet

I am posting the fist image I have attempted for restoration to this forum for feedback before I upload it to the folks at quality control. Though I wanted to, I did not straighten or crop the image. Because I did not crop I had to make up some pixels on the very left edge, is it too noticeable? I picked an "easy" image for my first time. Most of the restoration involved color correction and blemish removal though I did have to repair a couple of faces. As to be expected the project took more hours than I initially anticipated! Did I miss anything?

Jay

Pat

Hi Jay,

What a wonderful photo that is sure to hold a lot of memories for the family.  Great job  :up2:!    

Try checking the individual RGB channels in the drop down of a levels adjustment layer.  I think you will find that the right hand slider for the blue channel could be brought in to where the information starts for a little better color.  Also if you zoom in for a real close look I think you will see some stains remaining on the face of the third and sixth boy from your left in the back row, the shoe of the third child in from your left in the front row, and the pants of the fifth child in that same row.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

jaytrumpet

Thanks Pat,

I took your suggestions and made some changes. How is this?

Pat

Much improved Jay!  I'm still seeing damage in the form of green stain on the face of the boy in the back row and numerous places on the pants of the boy in the first row (just a couple of which I've pointed out).

Pat 
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

jaytrumpet

Pat,

OK, I went through the image searched and fixed a couple of sections that had some aberrant colors. It's funny because most of the sections looked ok on the original, the colors were introduced with the addition of the levels adjustment layer. Pat, you have a great eye and I hope I can develop mine to pick this stuff out.

Jay

Pat

Looking good Jay  :up:

Pat
Pat