• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Wedding Picture

Started by GP, July 12, 2012, 04:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GP

I would like to present my latest restoration for review/critique before I sent it back to Bambi. This photo is a 4 x 6". It did not look to bad, but by closer inspection, it had a lot of mold issues. It looks good on my color calibrated monitor, bad a bit too contrasty on my notebook monitor. I could tone it down if necessary. Thank you for any comments.
:loveit:

PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

bjtx

You restoration is very nice.   :up:
Regarding your concern about contrasty  ---  If I was working with it, I might try darkening some of the highlights in the upper part (curtains, mainly) with a little shadow-highlight.

Betty  :)
(aka - Betty )  CS6, PS CC,  Win 8.1; 175+ restorations so far & hope to do more :) 
Favorite site http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/

Mhayes

GP,

Looks great! I'm not sure about it looking "too contrasty" and some of it may because it really stand out now. I agree with Betty on the curtains, but what I did was duplicate the layer, change the mode to Multiply and lowered the opacity to 48% and then a layer mask to conceal all. On the mask I brought back the curtains and also brushed over their faces. That would be something you can also adjust your brush opacity as needed.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

GP

Thank you so much for your replies! You are absolutely right about the upper part of the picture being to bright. I will work on that before I send it back.

Margie, great tip with the layer mask :up2:

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit