• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

How Hot are You?

Started by Mhayes, July 07, 2012, 04:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

It would be interesting to see how hot you are today? No, this is not a reading on your sex appeal. Tell us how hot or cool you are and your location. Right now in Kansas I am at 106F/41C and could go higher today. Hoping for rain maybe tonight or tomorrow, but the forecast doesn't mean everyone will see it. I think that means the weatherman is hedging his bets. What is so sad is to see how many crops are burning up. The birds are so delighted when I put the sprinkler out.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

You're hotter than I am Margie!   ;)
It is a muggy 68F/20C here in Amsterdam, feels much warmer. 
Looks like all of the US are having a heatwave, hope it will rain soon for everyone there!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

It's so hot the squirrels are knocking on the window to come in.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Mike S.

It's so hot all the corn on the stalks starting popping and flying through the air.  The cows thought it was snowing and they froze to death.

Mike
Mike S.

Pat

I heard all the farmers in the area are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them
from laying hard boiled eggs.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Thanks to Hannie and the three clowns (Kiska, Mike and Pat) for your report.  :funny:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

I find it interesting that most people think of my state - Florida - as being very hot, yet we seldom get temperatures above the mid to high 90s.  I was amazed when I saw the temperatures in other parts of the country last week.  Of course there's a trade-off.  You have a normal length of summer.  We have 2 weeks of spring, 2 weeks of winter, 2 weeks of fall, and the rest of the year is summer.  Hot and humid summer!  As my kids used to say hot and fwetty summer!  I suspect being surrounded by water helps keep the temperatures from spiking the way they do in the middle of the country. I hope you all have plenty of ice.

Ms. Hun, there aren't words...

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

G3User

It was 6 degrees Centigrade outside last night so I put a box out and collected some for you Margie.
If a parcel for you turns up next week you will know who it is from. Hope your Customs people handle it carefully :)

AEEAAE??thol

Mhayes

AEEAAE??thol, you are so sweet. I see no problem with the Custom's people unless they see some strange wiring like in a bomb.  :'(  I am so green with envy of your cool temps. We did get a little rain last night which helped.

I will be eagerly awaiting your package or a call from security.  :cool:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Here in central Minnesota we've had unusually hot weather - close to 100 F (37 C) with humidity about 50%. On the plus side we've been noticing birds in the area, like the Wood Stork, that seldom come to Minnesota.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge