• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Thoughts with Craig, Tess, and Family

Started by Mhayes, June 10, 2012, 11:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

Sure hope the doctor will change his mind now, sounds like Craig is ready to breathe on his own!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Bambi

I'm so glad to hear about Craig's progress. The story about the doctor made me laugh out loud. My thoughts are with you both.

Bambi

glennab

Give 'em hell, Tess.  Sometimes doctors can be such boobs!  Especially emergency physicians.  I've experienced that more times than I care to remember.  Good thing you're there to keep them on their toes.  Just keep going onward and upward. 

Let's see, we've done angels, prayers, hugs, air hugs, air chocolate - how about adding to that a huge air teddy bear for each of you.  Someone has always brought me a stuffed animal when I've been in the hospital, and it's amazing how comforting they can be, even when you're no longer a kid.

Love and caring always...

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi everyone, good news. Craig is off the ventilator and talking for the first time in 12 days. First thing he said to the nurse was 'I want to go home'. He was still pretty doped up as he was seeing rats running up the walls so they lowered the sedation.
He tried bargaining with physio when they wanted 5 big breaths lol. You want 5 breaths? I want a drink of water were his words.
He will be transfered to the burns ward tomorrow and if the grafts are good when they look on Saturday we will get to take him home Monday.
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, we really appreciate them.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

That is so wonderful Tess!  It sounds like Craig is getting pretty feisty. :mad: Good for him.  You better try to get some rest and don't forget to eat well too or you soon won't be able to keep up with him. :hug:

Pat  
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

glennab

Tess, that's great news.  Feisty is good (I'm sure his nurses and doctors don't agree), but that determination will get him home and well sooner...as long as he knows not to overdo it.  I suspect his body will tell him that.  Hearing him talk must have been heaven for you after all that time.  I'll be looking forward to the day you tell us you've been able to bring him home.  Hugs a million!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Candice

This is indeed great news.  I know you're tired too so here's an extra  :hug: Keep the faith!
Candice

Mhayes

Tess, this is great news and so wonderful to think Craig is close to coming home. Now is time for you to pamper yourself and get some rest.

:hug:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Hannie

Tess, I hope the grafts look good today so you can all go home on Monday!
Keeping my fingers crossed,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

he has had a life changing experience just watching him today. He got to see the burns for the first time and grafts and it was a huge shock for him. Graft all the way from his right wrist inside the arm to his elbow and 2 grafts on the left hand. looks like they have taken well though. We will know tomorrow if they will discharge him Monday.

We took him outside to see the sun and where we were and the first thing he smelt was diesel fumes. He wanted to go back in straight away.
After lunch he stayed out a bit longer and got to watch a helicopter land. So he got to see how he arrived.

It will be hard at home as he will have to wait for the burns to heal so I'm going to be nurse. If he plays up I'll lock him outside lol. Once he feels like it he can go back to work and potter around ordering parts and work schedules.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

Sounding good... except the nurse part.   :cool:  PATIENCE!
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Pat

We are keeping good thoughts for the trip home Monday. 

Once he's home the waiting to heal is bound to try his patience.  It would be nice if he could maybe ease back via a bit of computer work from home in the meantime.  Neither of you are far from our thoughts and prayers.

Pat   
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Tess, I think you made the right decision with the skin grafts and I'm sure Craig will thank you for speeding up his recovery. How wonderful to have him up and about and to be able to talk---at least for now. I know Craig wanted a vacation, so I hope now he will try and relax and when he does go back to work it won't be doing what he was before.

Hope you are the rest of the family are coping. Are your parents still there?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Tess, you and your family have a long rough road ahead but thankfully it is going in the right direction.
Hope all will go well and as planned: home on Monday!

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]