• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What was I thinking? I need lots of eyes on this one, please.

Started by glennab, May 25, 2012, 06:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Margie, I know that Bambi will have the final say on this one, but it's been great having input from the "committee" when I've been looking for fresh eyes and advice.  I always appreciate that when I have one that's this damaged.  I looked at it for days and didn't see the cat until several people on this thread recognized what it was. Sharp eyes and brains that work - that's what I need and get on the forum.  Awesome!  Thanks again, everyone.

I also realized that I've been looking in magazines and in the photo sources online to find good, clear wrinkles to use for the damaged side of her face.  For cryin' out loud, I'm wearing a perfectly good set of them.  All I need is a mirror!

News at 11 - or whenever!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

glennab

This is an FYI post.  I'm not placing it here it for critique, as I've already sent it to Bambi.  If she thinks more can be done to it, it will have to go to someone with better eyes and a steadier hand than mine. I couldn't figure out the cats. All things considered, I'm happy that I got this far.  I was about to completely give up, but I wanted to see how much I could do. Someone else may be able to take it further. If so, I'm willing to share my .psd file(s) if you don't want to start from the beginning. Here's my final version:

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

jesterjeni

i played a little with the room to see what I could do....it was just for my own amusement..and then I used a face modeling program to reconstruct the little girls face...i  know grandma has already went home...but i thought i would share anyhow

bjtx

Glenna, a lot of time & hard work went into your restoration.  I know it must be a relief to have finally completed it.

Jesterjeni - looks like you had a bit of fun, even adding a little art work  for the wall - lol  !
Would you please share some info about the 'face modeling' program, which you used.  I'm totally unfamiliar with it.

thanks,
betty
(aka - Betty )  CS6, PS CC,  Win 8.1; 175+ restorations so far & hope to do more :) 
Favorite site http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/

Candice

Candice

glennab

Betty, I certainly was glad to have gotten as far as I did, between creating her ear and her interesting head of hair.  I spent several hours trying to pull cats out of her shirt, but I couldn't get any real shapes.  I hated to give up on that part.  The only other option I could see with the background was to keep her at the same size but to put back in the portions of the two girls that would have been beside her at that size, and I didn't think that would have looked right.

JJ, I often do what you did and try to carry another volunteer's restoration a little further, even though I know it's gone back to the distributor - just to learn a little more. As I said, I'll let Bambi have the "final answer" on where she goes from what I did.  And I do have a lot of the original background that was there already cleaned up, so if that's the way she decides to go, I can get the psd file to whoever works on it.

I still wonder what the heck I was thinking!

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Candice

You were a bold woman to take this one.  You really did bring out a great deal of things that weren't there.    :hug:
Candice