Betty, I certainly was glad to have gotten as far as I did, between creating her ear and her interesting head of hair. I spent several hours trying to pull cats out of her shirt, but I couldn't get any real shapes. I hated to give up on that part. The only other option I could see with the background was to keep her at the same size but to put back in the portions of the two girls that would have been beside her at that size, and I didn't think that would have looked right.
JJ, I often do what you did and try to carry another volunteer's restoration a little further, even though I know it's gone back to the distributor - just to learn a little more. As I said, I'll let Bambi have the "final answer" on where she goes from what I did. And I do have a lot of the original background that was there already cleaned up, so if that's the way she decides to go, I can get the psd file to whoever works on it.
I still wonder what the heck I was thinking!