• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What was I thinking? I need lots of eyes on this one, please.

Started by glennab, May 25, 2012, 06:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

GK, I like #3 with Granny by herself, but also one with the girl behind. I don't care for the #2 only because of the two toned background. I know this is just a beginning, but want the people and the background to look good together---also not flat on the background. On this photo I would allow a studio type backdrop, but it has to look natural and no detail. You can create one from scratch.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Margie, that's what I needed to know.  Thanks for the guidance.  I'll start working on it tomorrow.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

tmhayle

Oh what good news then and I do like that grandmother all on her own. I cannot wait to see what becomes of this! ok off now to work on mine for the rest of the evening. Good Luck!
You can call me "T", who wants to write the whole thing out?

glennab

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Tess,  :wow:   :knuppel:

OK, just kidding. Not a bad idea, only get rid of the inside stuff around granny. When I saw your title, I just knew I was going to see a vignette and have to take you out!  ::) If possible I would like to see more of Granny and her hands.

I think there will be some creative ideas on this one.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

jesterjeni

I have been playing with this picture to see if I could do anything ....hmmm well here is the result of my playing...
of course she still has a long way to go...you sure know how to pick em!

G3User

Crikey, this forum was nice and peaceful till GK came back.

Now I need to log in hourly to keep up and am embarrassed to post my simple questions  :'(

Do like the way Margie's arm is being twisted :up2:

Athol

Mhayes

Jesterjeni, have fun with this one, but try to keep Granny true to the original.

Athol, feel free to ask any simple questions you might have, just don't ask me to give them the "smell test."    ;)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Margie, I hadn't intended to hand this one off, but it appears that decisions have been made on it that I wasn't aware of until I just logged on.  I thought we were still going to leave the young woman in the photo before we decided what to do with the great-grandmother. So I've been working back and forth on both - mostly on great grandma. I gave the photo a much more subtle background with just a little bit of highlight, as we'd discussed. I also didn't realize that we were going to dispense with the wheelchair.  Please let me know.  I don't want to waste a lot of time on this if someone else has taken it over.

Athol, I've always considered it my primary duty at OPR to keep things stirred up.  I don't want any of you to get bored.  You had a reprieve when my brain went haywire, but your peace and quiet is over! Crikey your own self!

Hugs!
GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

GK, This one is still yours and the others were playing with it for ideas, but it has not been handed off. Plus, you have the full resolution of the original. I want as much detail of Granny--including wheelchair, although not much showing there. I also want the background to be more subtle and I do not want a cutout out look between Granny and the background.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Margie - okey dokey.  I'll continue to concentrate on Great Grandma and give you her first.  Then if you decide you want the young woman, I'll see what I can do with her.  The face will be a pain, but not impossible.

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

jesterjeni

Oh no....I was just seeing what it would look like on a different background....it is seriously cut out ....I left it like that on purpose...I am not trying to take over the picture by no means...If you feel that way I am truly sorry...

Mhayes

Jesterjeni, I never thought you or Tess were taking over, but instead having some creative fun. I ask for some suggestions and it was interesting to see what could be done. What GK had shown for her first ideas won't work either with the flat background. This will taking some playing around with and everyone is most welcome to give their input.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

JJ - no apologies necessary at all.  I haven't said much about it, but my long absence from the forum was because of serious brain issues that caused me to often have cognizance problems.  That's gradually going away, thankfully.  I may question what's going on more than I did before, because I have to be sure I understand what's happening.

Margie, my first posts with the backgrounds were, as I said, down and dirty - no finesse at all with the blending of the figures into the background, and I had yet to find something interesting to add to the flat gray behind them.  They were just to get feedback on our basic look and who we'd include in the image (especially to reassure you that great-gram could be enlarged without loss of quality, if we decided to go with just her, which I would recommend).

I appreciate so much what all of you have done to help me get through this monster (I probably shouldn't have taken it).  But I really wanted to work on it because it's been in the galleries for so long, and I thought I was ready to take one on.  I seem to be handling it okay, thanks to a lot of help from my friends (you're all so awesome to take the time to "play" with this image)!  I got quite a bit done today and now am taking a break to watch some old TV shows on netflix.  Tomorrow morning I'll be at it again, and as soon as I have enough done to feel comfortable with it, I'll post it again.

Bless
GK

BTW, Madame Prez, please, pleeze, do NOT take anybody out, vignettes notwithstanding. I thought we were a non-violent organization.

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)