• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Feedback Please?

Started by bobbydazzler, May 29, 2012, 12:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbydazzler

Greetings all,

This is my second restore. Would anyone be so kind as to offer some feedback please? I'm afraid I've spent so long studying it my objectivity has gone for the moment! ;)

At the size displayed here I can see some less than satisfactory grass 'realism' at left?

Ta!

P.S. Just spotted a stoopid error!....let's see if anyone's paying attention!! ;)

glennab

Hi Bob

I think the color in the golfers looks really good.  I can't decide about the background - it looks so misty, but perhaps that's the way it was in the original.  It's hard to tell.  I don't see any objectionable clone marks in the grass, but I'd probably lose some of the indented areas and try to get a more even green, since the original was so mottled with blue.  I suspect your gaffe is that the big guy with the blue shirt could use some fingers. 

Great sky!  I think someone else should weigh in on the background green.  My first impulse would be to make it more vibrant, but if they're playing in England or Scotland, there could be a lot of mist.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

bobbydazzler

Hi GK,

Many thanks for your observations....you're a star!

The guys shirts look drenched and 'clingy' in areas...I think it was HOT (which effectively rules out England or Scotland ;))....this is what I tried to bear in mind during the work and so I aimed for that heat haze kind of effect in the distance. The 'dripping' tree at the right also suggests, to me, heat.

.....and your suspicions are indeed correct ;)

Many thanks GK.

Stay well,

Bob

bobbydazzler

Yup, I think you're right GK....the background area at left does have a sort of sepia tone.

Thank you for opening my eyes.

Bob

Mhayes

Hi Bob,

I think GK called it pretty good and I didn't catch the part on the fingers. I think you did a great job and maybe more green on the left as she mentioned. The haze is fine.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

bobbydazzler

My gratitude to you both....now where's me green paint!

Bob

schen

Bob,

You have done an amazing job on this one.

The new sky looks like a sunny day but there is not a shadow in sight.  I see a few blue tint on they guys' faces.  The blotchy green grass probably is damage.  If you look at the red channel, you will see the spots that corresponds to dark green.  I would suggest that you bring the grass in the red channel more even.

Shujen
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6