• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

TOTALLY off topic!

Started by kiska, May 25, 2012, 05:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiska

Anybody know what the green things are? They don't smell like onions.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Candice

Candice

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

Kiska and Candy

I've never seen or heard of garlic scapes.  The things one learns on OPR's forum!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Candice

Recently, I was at an overgrown area around the lake and though I've never actually seen the garlic scape, I have seen the flower tops of garlic.  I did an image search on garlic and you see the results. 

It's all in using the right question.   :)
Candice

Hannie

Wow, what an alien looking vegetable!  Wonder if it tastes good?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Only if you like garlic.   ;)
Candice

glennab

Love garlic.  Gotta find some of this!
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Bambi

Let us know how you like it, Kiska.

Hannie

Sounds delicious.
Talking about weird looking veggies, what about this one, it tastes really good and now is the time to pick'em:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hannie, they look completely and totally alien.  What are they?

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Glenna, they are fiddleheads (type of fern), very popular spring vegetable in Maine. 
I wish they would grow over here!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hannie, my sister probably knows about these.  I'll have to ask her, since she's a Mainer and grows a lot of veggies. I'm guessing that they either taste like beans or asparagus.  Am I close?

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Glenna, your sister will definitely know them, they grow in the wild but you can also buy them at the local stores.  They are very mild, a little like asparagus.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

I've seen fiddlehead in the wild, but don't recall eating any.  I do remember dandelion salads though.
Candice