• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

hiya from South FL!

Started by tmhayle, May 24, 2012, 11:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmhayle

I am brand spanking newb to the organization and learned of your existence from CNN and the work with Joplin. I wish I knew earlier but I am here now and love to help out a good cause.
I have hmm 5+years experience in PS I use CS4 from the web design package.

I am also a self taught artist and love to work with pencils. Besides all that vintage/older photos have been a love of mine since I can remember or I should say photography period. In college I did take a class in basic photography and still remember it fondly.

I am a stay at home mother who has some time on my hands to help, so I why not. I have slowed down on producing art for now till that motivations gets me again.

Looking forward to working with everyone and I think I babbled on enough about me.
:D
You can call me "T", who wants to write the whole thing out?

sooneramy

Welcome from Oklahoma!

I'm a brand spanking newb as well! I saw the HLN/CNN show on Joplin and joined after that too!

You'll find that the folks here are very friendly :)  The two handbooks on the left (Navigating OPR and Techniques Handbook) were very helpful to me.

I  am amazed at some of the restores I've seen in the gallery. Thank you for lending your talent to such a great cause!

Amy

Pat

Hi right back at you from Lower Michigan! 

You've come to the right place to put to good use all that Photoshop experience.  I too love working in oils and pencil.  Although I've never taken a photography class, nature photography is one of my favorite pastimes also.

We look forward to seeing more of you on the forum.  OPR has a wonderful group of volunteers from around the world who love exchanging tips and techniques.  When you have questions or just need some fresh eyes on a photo you're restoring don't hesitate to post you work in progress for suggestions.

Pat   
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Johnboy

Welcome ya'll to OPR from southwest Ohio. I used to live in Pensacola and the Sanford area when I was in the Navy. Then the base moved to Georgia. I still like grits but up north you don't get redeye gravy.

This is a great organization ready to help when your are stuck and some pats on the back when things look good. Don't be afraid to post your work progress on the forum. We also have fun as you will read occasionally.

One note it that you have to be logged in to access the pub features and other goodies.

Have fun.

Johnboy

tmhayle

You can call me "T", who wants to write the whole thing out?

Mhayes

Hi TMHAYLE, welcome to OPR from Kansas. Love your avatar as I'm a cat lover myself! I think you will really have fun here and we will take care of any spare time you have and put it to good use.  ;D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Candice